Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "Subway signs licensing deal with Atkins" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155697)

Blackwell Wed, Jan-21-04 13:59

The Wraps from Subway are from The Tortilla Factory.

bvtaylor Wed, Jan-21-04 14:12

Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwell
The Wraps from Subway are from The Tortilla Factory.

If you mean La Tortilla Factory, they sure don't taste the same as the ones that I buy from my local GNC, Safeway, or online from Netrition.com or atkins.com.

The ones at Subway are thinner and don't have that slight soy aftertaste that the ones at the Tortilla factory do.

I went to the Subway website and sent them a message to find out more about them.

Norma June Sat, Jan-24-04 09:43

So they ARE available in Canada huh? I went to the Canadian website www.subway.ca but it has been under construction for ages! I was wondering if the ads I've seen on television were aimed at a US audience.

It's nice to know that Canadian Subway stores carry the Atkins wraps. Normally when hubby stops in at Subway I just place MY order for meat & cheese only. They ring it up as extra meat and extra cheese. Great for nibbling when travelling ... but now I can try the wraps.

Yippee! :cheer:

bvtaylor Sat, Jan-24-04 17:46

Subway's tortillas -- custom made

Hi, there. I thought I'd drop you a line about the Subway torillas/wraps. Apparently, according to corporate HQ they are home grown as follows:

Dear Mrs. Taylor,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

In response to your question. Our Breads, Wraps and Sauces are
produced for Subway use in preparing our sandwiches and salads.

At present time we do not offer these Subway products for retail sale
alone.

However we are in the process of obtaining brand licensing to do so
in the future.

Thank You,
Bonnie Kulenych
Customer Care Rep.
(800)888-4848 Ext. 1615
kulenych_b~subway.com

gotbeer Sat, Jan-24-04 20:32

Oh, wonderful!

My only fear about the retailing of those wraps is that I might eat way too damn many of them!

ellemenno Sun, Jan-25-04 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbeer
My only fear about the retailing of those wraps is that I might eat way too damn many of them!

I'm afraid to talk to the managers at the local Subway for just that reason. I know some managers will sell their stock directly to the public, but I have a feeling since these things are moving so fast, that won't be happening with the wraps.

sergio Sat, Mar-27-04 18:43

it is good

either the ranch or chipotle make both wraps very good. But the wraps are very small. So don't expect to be filled up once you're done.

bvtaylor Sat, Mar-27-04 18:51

Subway Atkins Wraps

These are the staple fast-food for dh and myself, particularly when we are running around on the weekend.

Now dh is a foot taller than me and a big guy. So I know it is not as filling for dh, but that's okay. He will add something healthy as an accompaniment to the wrap. A hard boiled egg, a chunk of cheese, some nuts, lc yogurt, pork rinds, etc.

The wraps which are approximately the size of two of my fists (I have small hands), will satisfy me for lunch usually, unless I'm very hungry, to which I personally would add, for example a piece of chicken and an lc yogurt and perhaps a cup of coffee.

Norma June Sat, Mar-27-04 20:24

I tried one of the Atkins' wraps the other day. I got the turkey chipolte one and I really, really liked it. One filled me up, that and a bottle of water. It was so nice to be able to go into a sub shop and order something other than just cheese and meat.

The only problem I have is ... DH doesn't like Subway, he prefers Mr. Sub. Oh poo!

armywife3 Mon, Mar-29-04 00:32

The problem I have had here is that the subway makers don't really know how to make the wraps yet. They ask you what to put on it and if you don't know what goes in it exactly it could get all the wrong stuff. When my husband went to get us wraps he came home and mine had all kinds of stuff on it I can't eat. He said when he told her to make it the atkins way she said she didn't know how so she guessed at it.

Norma June Mon, Mar-29-04 18:01

I would report that location to both Subway head office as well as Atkins. Both are on the website:

www.atkins.ca
www.subway.ca

That makes me soooo MAD! Seems like we're banging our heads against a brick wall here, trying to eat right and some bimbo screws us up! Grrrrrr ... !

Angel1982 Sat, May-01-04 13:53

subway

I used to work at a subway before as well as a KFC.
Subway has new great salads for the atkins diet but you are right they do not tell you what sauces are low carb!! I did a little research I LOVE the ranch salad dressing there and guess what it has the lowest carbs of all the creamy sauces!! :p

subway nutrition guide

chefKate Thu, Jul-29-04 09:46

Subway Low-Carb Wraps

I think I've found the wraps that Subway uses - I bought a Chicken Bacon wrap from Subway and compared it with the ones I bought and they're identical in taste and texture. They're by a brand called "Harbar Wraps" and the ones I bought were wheat, but they come in a few other varieties. They were $2.99 at my Stop & Shop, and I believe you can get them on-line at Stop & Shop's PeaPod delivery service. Hope this helps! I know I've been looking for them for months!!! :)

Angeliene Tue, Aug-10-04 04:33

Found Chipotle Carbs

Select Sauce: Chipotle Southwest (for 6" Sub)
Serving Size: serving, 1.5 tablespoons (0.7 oz) oz g

Calories 89 ( Kilojoules 372 )

.......................................% Daily
........................................Value*
Total Fat................... 9 g... 14%
..Saturated Fat........ 1.5 g... 8%
Cholesterol............. 10 mg... 3%
Sodium................ 220 mg... 9%
Total Carbohydrates.... 2 g... 1%
..Dietary Fiber........... 0 g... 0%
..Sugars................... 1 g
Protein...................... 0 g
Note: A dash indicates no data is available.

Calorie Breakdown
This table shows you where the calories in this food come from.

The percentage value shows you the percentage of total calories that comes from each nutrient and alcohol.

Calories from Fat .................81 ....(91%)
Calories from Carbohydrate .....8 ......(9%)
Calories from Protein .............0 ......(0%)
Calories from Alcohol .............0 ......(0%)

Hugs Angeliene

Angeliene Tue, Aug-10-04 04:46

Subway has a Carb controlled Ranch dressing

Salad Dressing: Kraft Ranch
Serving Size: packet (2 oz) oz g

Calories 206 ( Kilojoules 861 )

% Daily
Value*
Total Fat............. 22 g 34%
...Saturated Fat... 3.5 g 18%
Cholesterol......... 10 mg 3%
Sodium............. 550 mg 23%
Total Carbohydrates. 1 g 0%
...Dietary Fiber...... 0.5 g 2%
...Sugars................ 0 g
Protein................... 1 g
Note: A dash indicates no data is available

This table shows you where the calories in this food come from.

The percentage value shows you the percentage of total calories that comes from each nutrient and alcohol.

Calories from Fat 198 (96%)
Calories from Carbohydrate 4 (2%)
Calories from Protein 4 (2%)
Calories from Alcohol 0 (0%)

There have a Classic sub that they say is served with a Low carb Ranch dressing i think its the one above.

quadforce Fri, Aug-20-04 10:31

While searching for the "subway southwest chipolte sauce recipe" i stumbled across this forum; so i figured i would make a post. I see some of you are asking what wrap subway uses, i have tried several different ones and have found a brand called Toufayan to be the best thing next to subways.... I cant tell a difference between the two. here is a link to the companies website

http://www.toufayan.com/product.htm

I got them from my local grocery store, "Bi-Lo" now if i could just find that sauce! :yum: