Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 20:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Afraid of failing....again

Hello,
I'm new to chat areas and new to Low Carb diets. I have not actually started on the diet yet, because I'm so afraid of failing on another diet. I've tried so many and always end up gaining to more than I weighed at the beginning. I really don't even have a meal plan to follow yet. Don't know where to start. I just know I need support of people that know the embarrasment of being overweight. I've gained 100 lbs since I married 10 yr ago. I feel this is really harming my marriage because of my low self esteem.
I could really use some support. tambam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 21:08

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Tam to your right is a menu of Quick Links....

The first one is "Which Low-carb plan is right for me". There you will find brief summaries of the various low carb diets we support on these forums.

The main thing you need to know is, pick a plan you can live with according to your lifestyle. Atkin's is by far the strictest and for some a bit too hard to follow. Other's love the strictness because it outlines what they can and can not have.

Browse through and take a look. When you chose a plan, make sure you do some research and either buy the book or go to your nearest library and check it out. There are many things in the book that can not be replaced by surfing the internet for information.

Good luck in your quest.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 21:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/221/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Tambam,
I know exactly how you feel. I've done so many diets in my lifetime and have lost and gained a hundreds of pounds over the years. But I have to tell you that I personally feel that I have finally found the one that is going to work for me. This is the first time in my life where I feel in control of my body.

The biggest bonus for me is the lack of hunger. I've been on so many low-cal diets where I have to white-knuckle my way through every hour just fighting back the hunger and feeling frustrated and weak. Since being on Atkins, I feel like I have a normal connection to food. I don't crave anymore. I have finally relaxed into this way of life and don't think about having to lose quickly.

Good luck to you. There are a lot of people here to support you on your journey.

Cayce
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 03:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 256/181/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hiya Tambam--
I think it's important to think of this less as a diet and more as a lifestyle. Once you choose a plan you'll see that although you are limiting yourself in one area (carbs) a whole new door has opened that contains foods that no other way of eating will allow. I like to think that when eating this way, I am fueling my metabolism to do what it should be doing and not storing up for some long season of hibernation. Not only will the weight come off--but that which comes off is almost pure fat without sacrifice to the lean muscle most of us are in short supply of. Just gotta shake off all the ideas that fat is what makes us fat and learn that those 6-11 daily recommended servings of carbs is what is causing our weight woes.
Fantastic to know that you reallycan eat well and lose weight--this works!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 11:25
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Welcome to the forum.

The only thing I would add is read! Read about the different diets and once you think you have chosen that diet go to the forum and read some of the postings of that diets members. Also read the book closely and see if you fit that diet profile. The first step to success if finding a fit so that your chosen WOE (Way of Eating) becomes your WOL (Way of Life).

Good Luck!