Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 21:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/195/152 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: -65%
Smile Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, I'm new to low carbing and am very excited with how it's working so far. After reading a couple of library books and some info online, I've been puttering about on my own with it for a few days and amazingly am losing weight! I haven't bothered dieting in years, having more or less given up on it, but now with my 44th birthday approaching I find myself longing to be slimmer and healthier. Not having owned a scale in years either, that had to be my first purchase before I even sorted out what low carb foods I needed to stock up on. Despite an inner voice telling me this couldn't possibly work, the scale is showing a steady 1 or 2 pound drop every day. I know I'm not doing this perfectly ..I've been keeping track of the carbs in my head.... and probably not that accurately. I am so glad to have found these forums....there is such a wealth of information waiting to be read and after peeking in a few journals I can see so many of us face the same challenges. I have decided to be a bit more organized by keeping written track of what I eat...bad habits can multiply fast and after all I want to keep losing beyond this first week! Good luck to everyone
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 04:42

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi and welcome to the forum you will find it very supportive and friendly. I'm glad you are showing such a grat response to LCing in the early days - caution - it may still be a honey moon period so don't flounder if you start to lose more slowly - Rome wasn't built in a day. Butyouare on the right track now.
Get around some journals and other posts - recipes are great too but meeting new LC friends is allpart and parcel of the 'game'.
All the best - glad to see you've started a journal .

Bye for now Wendye
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 08:35

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard

Hi cameocan

Welcome to this forum. You sound as if you have the right attitude to approach this way of life. Glad the early going is showing positive results. Keep at it.

Pleased to see that you have started a journal. I find mine a great motivator and it is a great place for others to drop in and say hello.

You say you have not really got into counting carbs yet. You might like to join Fitday.com as a simple way of keeping track of what you eat. This does all the sums for you, carbs, kcals, protein and fat.

Every success.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 22:44

Stats: 178/195/152 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: -65%

Thanks for the welcome Wendye and Little Anne
After a weekend where I barely had a moment to myself, its finally monday evening and I have a couple of hours .... so I'm going to catch up on my journal and scan some of the others.
Thank you both for the advice....I know its early days yet.... and I also know how easily I slide into bad habits {I won't get started on the ice cream I had earlier this evening } so I'm looking forward to seeing how others handle those days when temptation overcomes willpower. I know the journal's going to help...I just need to make it a priority
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:50

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome to the forum!

Greetings cameocan!

Welcome to the LC life! This is an excellent forum for information and support, and one that will benefit you greatly on your LC journey.

Please don't hesistate to ask any questions you may have, and be sure to explore all the various threads and forums.

Good luck and good health to you!

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:09

Stats: 243/207/150
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hello and welcome aboard
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 09:29
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome

Welcome to the forumn. It sounds like you are doing a great job so far. I am glad to see that you have started your journal. It really helps. I have been lack on mine and need to start today. I well share one of my secret. It is drinking water. It really helps allot. I have been doing low carb since last December and noticed every time my water intake is low now weight loss. Fitday.com is a wonderful way to track what you eat. There are allot of hidden carbs out there. Welcome again.
Donna