Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 207/187/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Inchworm

I've been on Atkins since 1/5/04 and have dropped approximately 20 pounds. I have lost inches but the scale has pretty much stayed the same for the past month. I have read several messages that say as long as you are losin inches to not get too upset. I just wish the scale would go down. I have to return to the doctor at the end of this month and they know I've been doing the diet and I would love to have the scales be lower this time when I return. It doesn't help that the doctor's scales are 5 pounds heavier than mine either.

I have used the keto strips and I am in ketosis. I have cut out any cheese this week hoping that the scales will start to drop as well as the inches.

I don't mean to whine. I just want to see the pounds drop as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:33

Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Are you exercising regularly? If not, that might get you moving again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 10:26

BF:
Default inchworm exercise

I've been exercising but I still seem to be staying on 187. Sometimes it bounces to 189-190 but I figure this is due to water retention. Usually, by morning I'm back to 187.

I purchased the Atkins 14 day vitamin kit last night. Do you think this might help as I read in some posts that iron wasn't a needed vitamin at this time and my hemoglobin is well within the acceptable ranges. The vitamins I was taking before had iron.

I just really want the pounds to go down and I keep waiting and hoping for a "whoosh'' but so far I seem to be in a holding pattern as far as the scales go.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tracked my carbs and I am in the acceptable level of 20 grams. I just can't seem to figure this one out.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

your doing well but just drop something likeYOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 18:14

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

I hope I don't sound like a prig, but this is what I tell myself when the scale doesn't move (ahem) "You are not on a diet. You are adapting to a new way of eating. This isn't a race. Before, you wanted to lose weight as quickly as possible so you could go back to eating like a normal person. Now, you will be eating this way for the rest of your life. So relax, the pounds are bound to come off. Meanwhile, the inches are disappearing, and you feel great."
Of course, sometimes I just tell myself to shut up, because it can be very frustrating.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 05:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Have you tried excersizing at different times? Maybe your system needs a jolt. If you do it at night, try the morning - just a guess, but it might work..

good luck, my fingers are crossed for you
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 07:24

BF:

Just wanted to say thanks for your support everyone. I really appreciate it. I am determined to win the battle of the bulge. I realize it took me years to "blossom" and I should not expect to lose it all at a fast rate. I also realize that everyones metabolism is different and I just need to "weight" it out(pun intended)

I do have another question though. I have been eating Russel Stovers low carb mint patties. Do you think that the sugar alcohols could be the culprit?
I have one package per day which consists of two small patties. I have read the ingrediants and I don't think there are any other kinds of sugar.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 07:33
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

that could be the problem, they do cause people to stall. try getting rid of them for a week and see what happens