Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 19:53

Plan: SP
Stats: 150/150/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi to all

I found this site a few days ago and I'd like to say thanks because it helped me decide to 'go for it' and try low carbing again.

I tried Sugarbusters a couple of years ago and lost 20 pounds, I hope to do as well or better on SP!

I have a few questions, so I guess I should post them in the 'newbie question' section.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 09:22

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Rudy and welcome!
This is a wonderful site.
As for your questions, look around the site! If you peep in some peoples journals (like NATRUSHKA) or others you can get a lot of knowledge!

If you read on how to start your own journal, I would suggest it! The first few days of induction are crappy with headaches and cravings. ITs nice to have a place to vent and get encouragement from other members!

I wish you lots of luck and keep on trucking! It gets easier after the first week or so!!!!

Vicki
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 11:11

Plan: SP
Stats: 150/150/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the welcome, Vicki! I have poked all over this site before I actually registered, I've found so many good ideas!

I resisted the urge to eat a Little Debbie at about midnight last night, lol! I thought, "Oh, no! The cravings have begun!"

I need to try and find something thats allowed and sweet, so I can be prepared if that happens again!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 11:24

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Rudy
During the first 2 weeks you really have to work through those cravings. You use this time to get all those carbs and sugar out of your body--they do have Low Carb (LC) browines and treats, but those types of things too early on will not be the best for you=-they will just prolong your cravings.

Maybe you can drinnk some crystal light ice tea or soemthing. ALso, you can eat some sugar free jello! 2 weeks is not too far and then you can SLOWLY add in some of those LC treats--

Vicki