Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:22

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%
Talking Keto shakes or Atkins shakes??

Hi-
I was wondering does anyone use the Keto shakes or Atkins ones instead? I am looking for something that I can eat as breakfast or as lunch since I have my hands full with three kids! I just was wondering if anyone does that and/or which ones taste better. What flavor is the best also! Thanks-
Whitney
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:58

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I use the Carb Solutions shake mix. Get it from Walmart for about $9 per can and it makes 13 shakes. It's good just as it is, but I like to add 2 tbls. cream and ice cubes. I've also started adding 1 tbls. flax seeds (very low carb and good source of fiber) and now that I'm in OWL I have begun adding some frozen berries to it also. Fills me up any of the ways and tastes great! Oh, the ready to drink Ease AdvantEdge and the ready to drink Carb Solutions are also good, too. And cheaper than Keto or Atkins.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:38
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I use Atkins shakes generally for breakfast, just because I can get the fairly cheap. If I have to many eggs my skin acts up. I have only tried the keto shakes once and didn't like it, this could be because I am use to the Atkins shake. Just keep in mind, you don't want to use them as a meal replacement all the time like slimfast deal. You could end up not getting enough calories in and your body my go into starvation mode. Also keep in mind that they shakes do stall some people. So keep that in mind if you notice the scale stalling out for a long time.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/gastric bypass
Stats: 278/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I have used both and the Carb solutions you can get at Walmart. The Keto has the lower carbs. I like the Keto better, I did not like the Atkins at all but everyone's taste is different. I use 2OZ 1/2 and 1/2, 4OZ water, I only use 1 scoop of powder 2 ice cubes and one frozen strawberry YUM!, HOWEVER< once I started the shakes my weight loss stalled dead stop. I called a nutrionist at Keto Corp and he said he used to be a body builder and trainer. He said the Keto shake is 100% vitamins and minerals but it a Manufactured product (Frankenfood we call it) Sometimes the body does not recognize it as a food protein and it can slow your weight loss. I had been on a stall for 3 weeks. He told me my exercise routine needed changing because my body had gotten used to the same routine. I bought a walk away the pounds tape, I do the three mile M-W-F and do 30 Min on my Gazelle T-T-S and the weight started to drop again. BUT shakes are really easy and filling. Just remember even though easy, they may slow your loss. Some people it does not affect them at all. The Keto Orange cream tastes like an orange julius! YUM
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 13:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I just got my shipment of Keto shake mix, and after trying it, I'm not going back to the Carb Solutions OR the Atkins!

I didn't like the Keto ready-made I got a sample of, but after repeated urging from a friend, bought the powder mix in Banana Creme flavor and the Chocolate Peanut butter. I just tried the banana creme in the blender with a little ice added. It was great! I didn't even have to "doctor it up" like the others.

As far as ready-made goes, I prefer the Atkins. I've also tried teh LC Slimfast, but got hungry within an hour after drinking it...