Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/203/150 Female 5'1"
BF:not/quite/sure
Progress: 21%
Talking you're not gonna believe this

last nite was my anniversary so hubby and i went out for the evening. we had been looking forward to it for weeks. anyway, we went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner and then to a movie. while at dinner, we were both deciding what to eat -- hubby chose this dish that looked absolutely yummy so i ordered it, too. it was all layed out on a huge platter so you could build your own.

blackened chicken tacos:
grilled chicken breast, diced fresh tomatoes, sliced fresh avocado, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, black beans and tortillas. ice tea to drink and a bread basket with 2 rolls and 2 slices of carrot raisin bread to start.

well, i had decided that i wasn't going to worry about being strictly low carb that nite because it was a special occasion. i shared the bread with hubby and when our dinner came, i ate half the beans (about 1/2 cup) and 3 of my flour tortillas.

while we were at the movie, i felt a little guilty for a bit but then decided i wasn't going to worry about it -- i knew i would just go back on induction for a few days. when i woke up this morning, i headed for the scale to see how much damage i might have done.

i didn't gain anything! in fact, i lost 1 pound! weird, huh? anyway, i'm just gonna be very thankful for being able to enjoy last nite's outing without sabotaging my woe. just wanted to share.

happy 4th!!

Last edited by cetacean : Fri, Jul-04-03 at 08:33.
Sponsored Links