Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 09:45

Plan: None
Stats: 267/267/160 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I have sinned :(

Last night I just couldn't stand it anymore! I HAD to eat carbs! I ate like probably 80-100 carbs last night... I'm only like 6 days into my diet. Will this effect me very much? I think I may have knocked myself out of ketosis... I don't plan on cheating like this often, I just had to last night because I was starving and was tired of eating meats and vegetables.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 10:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/168/140 Female 69 inches
BF:too scared to know
Progress: 22%
Default what's your plan?

I read in your profile that you have read no books and are following no plan. Is that correct? Your plan and book should be kept close to you....especially during the first few weeks when you are wondering "why am I torturing myself this way." If you had been doing well the first six days, you were over the hardest part. You can do it again. Get all of the "tempting" foods out of the house. I only buy snacks for my children that I don't really care for. That way, when I want to eat something that I shouldn't eat I evaluate the situation and decide that it isn't really worth it because I don't like it anyway. Keeping snacking on approved foods throughout the day and don't let yourself get so hungry.....that's when we get weak. You can do this. Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 10:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/134/115 Female 62 inches
BF:I dunno?
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseangel
I read in your profile that you have read no books and are following no plan. Is that correct? Your plan and book should be kept close to you....especially during the first few weeks when you are wondering "why am I torturing myself this way." If you had been doing well the first six days, you were over the hardest part. You can do it again. Get all of the "tempting" foods out of the house. I only buy snacks for my children that I don't really care for. That way, when I want to eat something that I shouldn't eat I evaluate the situation and decide that it isn't really worth it because I don't like it anyway. Keeping snacking on approved foods throughout the day and don't let yourself get so hungry.....that's when we get weak. You can do this. Good luck.

hahaha.. I do the exact same thing. I only buy junk tat I don't like or them so I wont eat it either. ESPECIALLY cereal... give me some coco puffs and I turn into a baby in a candy store! lol
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 10:45

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 203/186/145 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Been there, done that.....pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get a big glass of water and jump back up on the bandwagon! Don't waste any more time kicking yourself in the butt unless that's your exercise for the day ;-)
We all have habits that took years to develop and it's hard to break them overnight, but remember how you feel right now the next time you are tempted to "slip". Today's a new day and you have a clean slate...go for it!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 11:18

Plan: General
Stats: 229/196/125 Female 5'3""
BF:
Progress: 32%
Thumbs up I agree

Don't worry about the past. You made the mistake. Now, quit kicking yourself and get back on track. We all have made mistakes. Eventually, it does get easier. The first two weeks were very hard for me. I would crave things so bad and then eat it and be satisfied, then be mad at myself for it. But, I figured out, that I have to just keep trying everyday. There are going to be ups and downs, but you can do it. And it gets easier the longer you are on it. I buy snacks for myself to replace the snacks that everyone else eats. EX: while they eat doritos, i eat pork rinds. When they have their chocolate and I want chocolate, I eat lc bars. I have even been buying healthier choices for my children. They don't even realize it. They don't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy yet. All they know is they are snacks and they want some of it. LOL Stay on it.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 13:13

Plan: None
Stats: 267/267/160 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm not on any kind of plan or certain diet, I'm just generally low carbing. I'll try not to cheat from now on. I'm eating lots of sausage, cheese, ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, and asparagus for veggies. I'll also eat green beans in the future. I'll try as hard as I can from now on and make sure I get enough to eat so this won't happen again. Thanks everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Maybe the Warrior Diet is something for you. You sure won´t have hunger anymore. Use the search to see what it is about.