Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-15-01, 05:08
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default this tummy o' mine

Hi all

I won't weight myself anymore because in addition to LC, I'm doing callanetics and aerobics and I think they make me gain weight (muscle), so the scale isn't a good indicator of my progress. I have a question though, about this bulging tummy of mine. I'm losing inches off my hips and legs, but the fat on my tummy just won't budge. When I wake up in the morning, it looks fine, almost as flat as I would like it. Then by midday, it is all squishy and big, almost bloated-looking. What is this? I know it gets bigger when I eat, obviously, but this is ridiculous. It's not a matter of doing more crunches or situps -- I have very strong abs, but it doesn't seem to help. I have friends with children who say they have the same problem, but I have never had a child, so there goes that explanation. Any ideas?

Karen in England
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-15-01, 09:13

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Got me!

I haven't a clue...unless this is just the area on your body where you retain water. I retain mainly in my face...{and I look like this hee hee!}my be this your area? I a guess!
Smile
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-15-01, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Yes, it definitely could be that I am retaining water. I take WAY more in than goes out. I think I will try the herbal dieuretic dandelion root for this. Helps me with water retention at that time of the month too.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-15-01, 14:45

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Me Too!

I think you notice it more because you're losing all the gunk that surrounds it. It's always the last to go, and depending on your genes, it might be with you for good...

It's just nature's way of protecting your reproductive organs, so I look upon it as rather benign and friendly, even though it reminds me of two pounds of butter strapped onto the front of my body

jiggle jiggle jiggle
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-16-01, 03:05
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Jiggle jiggle jiggle -- heheheh (giggle giggle giggle)

That's great, Mrs. Yogi!

I am pretty sure it is just water now, though. Not there in the morning, there at night, gone in the morning.... if this is nature's way of protecting my organs, it is pretty half-rate

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-16-01, 06:13

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%

man......can i sympathize with you!!!!!!!!! my lower stomach is the same way. if i ever hit the lottery i would definitely get something done about it surgically i'm that frustrated with it!!!!!! in the morning it's hardly there but with all the water i drink, by noon is BLOATED!!!!!!!!!!!

jiggle jiggle jiggle........not funny