Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 11:42
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 184/172/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Needed Advice.

I have been LCing for a while now. I am finding it quite difficult. My recent dilema is this: My shift changed at work, and now I work 3 till 11:30pm. I find that I can increase my water intake, and can stay away from the sweets better, but at 6, when I have my dinner, I'm so thirsty, I crave oranges and apples. I am a strong believer that I shoud have no starch or fruit after 4pm. What should I be loading up on during the day to up my energy level?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 08:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi,

I'm assuming that you're eating plenty during the day - lots of protein rich stuff that should keep your energy up. Maybe bring along some sort of snack - bacon, cheese, something like that for when your energy falls.

As for the thirstiness, aside from drinking more water, I've found that brushing my teeth right after I eat helps give my mouth a fresher feeling, and that then I don't crave fruits and sweets.

I hope this helps,

Kiwi2
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 09:16

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

no starch and carbs after 4 is fine if you are on a "normal" schedule. The reason most folks stay away from carbs in the evening is so theyare all processed before bedtime. With your later schedule you could probabaly have carbs later in the day since you are still active after most folks have gone to bed.

What was your bedtime before the shift change?

What is it now than you work til 11:30?

Find the difference and add that to 4:00 and you should be ok.