Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 16:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/156/125
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Any good woosh stories???

I would love to hear some stories about peoples "woosh" experiences. I have been waiting patiently for my own woosh. Need some inspiring stories.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 20:49

Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

me too!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 00:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Talking Here's one for you!

The first time I was on Induction, I didn't lose a thing the first week.

And then the second week: whooooosh! 8 pounds gone.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 06:24

Plan: The Idiot Proof Diet
Stats: 321/321/240 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

After induction I went for eight weeks just loosing and gaining the same two pounds, with no loss of inches either. I stuck with this WOE because I feel so much better - no cravings, no binges and my skin looks so much better.

Last week (week 11) I lost eight pounds in two days - none of which have come back! I also lost an inch off my tummy, 1 1/2 off my waist and 3 off my underbust measurement (so now my bras ride up!).

I'm so happy !!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 10:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Not really a whoosh story...

I've not had a big whoosh since induction. Slow, steady is my body's way of shedding pounds. This morning I weighed 250. That's 45 pounds in seven months. Certainly no record, but keeps me motivated. Measure yourself every 2 weeks or so. I bet you'll see results.

Good luck to you!

BrewWA
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 10:14

Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%

I haven't had a "whoosh" on the scale...but obviously have in "inches".
I put on a pair of jeans this morning that were pretty tight a month ago and now they are about 3-4 inches to big in the waist, they are baggy on my butt, and loose in the thighs!!!
My DH thinks it is hilarious to see me put both of my arms in my pants to show him how big they are getting!

#7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 10:17
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 255/241/225
BF:40%/31%/26%
Progress: 47%

Just like kmwebb1967, I haven't had a woosh in pounds. I've gone from 255 to 241 since Feb. 26th, slowly and steadily.

But I've lost mega inches - nearly 24 inches overall! Its a wonderful feeling to be wearing a dress today that I couldn't even BUTTON six months ago!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 11:08

Stats: 185.5/185.5/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I need woosh stories too!

Petal, I'm like you, I keep waffling back and forth on about a 2 pound difference, up, down, up, down, I'm getting dizzy!

Any day now......

Sharon
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 11:45

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I lost the typical 11 pounds in two weeks on induction and then took 10 weeks to loose 4 pounds.

Then in early December I got the flu, woosh. I didn't eat much, but what I did was more carb-ish. I lost 6 pounds in a week and then with low-carbing I did not regain the weight.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 07:24

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default Big Woosh story

This week I hit my biggest woosh story since week one induction. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you!

I lost 6 lbs this week! This was after a 4 week stall and then a 3 lbs loss last week. This bring me to 50% of my overall weight loss goal, I am now going "downhill"!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 08:52

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 221/188/175
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've been lurking here for a while, but I do have quite a bit of woooshing eperience.

It seems that is the only way I have lost in the last month and a half.

I started at 221 lost pretty quickly to about 205, 206. Then nothing for about 3 weeks. Suddenly I lost about 8 pounds in a week.

I got down to 196 and sat there for about 3 weeks then something happened this week and I have lost 6 weeks.

Both times there were not any significant changes in my eating. So I am resigned to the fact that this is how I will lose weight.

It is frustrating a lot of the time, but it sure is great when you have that quick weight loss.

I finally hit the 30lb mark today which is exciting.

Started 1/3/2003
27/M 5'11
221/190/175
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 10:27

BF:
Thumbs up

Good for you, grbh!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 12:51

Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%

I love the whoosh! I didn't have one until day 52... but then BAMN... down to within 3 pounds of goal weight! I tried to figure out how/why... I found that I was simply being faithful to this WOL...

Here are my stats one week before the big Whosh: average calories 1333, fat 70%, protein 25%, carbs 16. Plus 100oz. of H2O everyday & exercise.

I don't know if I'll have another... but I think I may have lost another pound putting me into 2 pound goal weight range... i'm on day 68. I figure perhaps by May or June I'll hit my goal... i'm a big believer in 1. Not weighing everyday; 2. being persistent; and 3. allowing my body TIME to adjust and lose on its' own schedule - not mine.

But... gotta luv a whoosh! viv
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 14:14

BF:
Talking Whooshes

Oh yeah, Viv--gotta love the whooshes!

2-3 pounds til goal is awesome! Yay for you!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 15:46

Stats: 230/219/205
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!

I was very strict, I was near 270lbs (probably a lil more) and got down to 230 in less than 1 month, if thats not a woosh i dont know what is!

The key is to be very strict and to have someone do it with you if possible! Here are some things i learned:

1. Drink as LITTLE caffiene as you can, and as MUCH water as you can!

2. Stay away from protein bars during ketosis... use them for after when you just want a low carb snack. The "net carbs" can refuel your liver with sugar and knock you out of ketosis!

3. Weight comes off in bunches, nothing for 3 days or so then BAM! 5 lbs right off (of course i weighed 270 so more comes off when your that fat, but you get the idea)

4. Dont be skimpy with the fat, your body needs sugar OR fat, you cant do without either or you will make your body sick! Try and keep fat to 60% or more of your diet.

5. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!

Hope this helps you all, this is just some of the stuff ive picked up since I started researching this. YOU CAN DO IT!