Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/254/150 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Saggy skin

Just wondering if anyone is having the saggs. My skin is really sagging. My tummy and my breast. My body looks so different. I think I'm going to have to have surgery. I love the weight loss but I'm very self aware in front of my hubby. Oh well, there is a price for everything right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 15:57

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

why don't you try some toning exercises before you take the drastic step of surgery?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 15:59

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

And allow some time to pass too. Things may tighten up more than you expect. Exercise and water are excellent suggestions.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:12
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I've had two c-sections. My tummy is one of the parts I hate most because of that saggy little pooch I think is alot to blame on skin. A tummy tuck does sound nice, but way to expencive for me. I'll stick to hitting the gym hardcore with BFL, then if it's still bad buy one of those miricle tummy trimmers on TV

A boob job however......
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:39
Registered Member

Stats: 155/137.5/113 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default 2 C-sect as well

Ladybelle I understand. Both my girls came c-section and I literally have a right-angle starting at my scar. I'm flat below it, but I balloon above my scar. It didn't do this after the first but after the second it never came back. Plus that's when I really started putting on the pounds.

I've thought about the tummy tuck but I heard they slice you up each side to your ribcage. That's a bit much to recover from.

I'm hoping getting to goal and some serious ab work will do the trick eventually.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:45
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I sag all over! Saggy belly, saggy butt, flabby inner thighs, wings, even my forearms feel a bit saggy. My boobs haven't changed a whole lot-but I definitely can't do without a bra. I lost my saggy chin-so hopefully the rest will tighten with time. In the meantime, I must say I look better clothed than naked.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:58

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

bgmama -

You are only 31 you are young and your skin may recover from this sagginess.

Best luck!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:15
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello,

Maybe one way to stretch your skin would be by losing more weight than you need then slowly gaining that weight back.

I dont have this problem noticably. This could be because I only lose 1lb/week in average. I also exercise daily for at least 1/2 hour. My exercise includes bending and twisting my body and also stationary running.

Sam
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:50

Stats: 298/253/175 Female 5ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 37%

I have the saggy skin problem too Mine are my stomach, upper arms and upper inner thighs. It looks soooo gross. My friends told me I need to start exercizing before I loose more then it might be impossible to get rid of. So the last couple days I started doing crunches and leg lifts, stuff like that. Hopefully this will help. Someone also told me vitamin E is also good for helping to shrink up the skin. Does anyone know if this is true?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:27
Registered Member

Stats: 219/214/165 Female 70 inches
BF:34.4/34.4/20
Progress: 9%

I just read (in the new issue of Self magazine) that Pilates is an excellent way to get rid of the tummy. It was wrtitten that even women who have failed to get rid of a "pooch" with every other kind of exercise were successful with Pilates.

Many health clubs offer classes, but there are also several books, videos and DVDs out there too. I have heard great things about Windsor Pilates by Mary Windsor.

I am going to start this week and will let you all know how it works!

Catherine
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:31

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I noticed a lot of sagging but the more I lose, the less saggy I get so hopefully it will be the same for you.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:35

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

If things aren't firmed up after 6 months of being at goal, I'm going to get a tummy tuck or lipo whichever is necessary. No matter what my stomach will be flat sooner or later!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 23:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

CMCCAB1-

I have a pilates tape I love. You will discover ab muscle areas you never knew you had. It can be hard on your back though, make sure to take it slow, do the modifications until your accustomed to the exercises and focus really hard on maintaining the ab position to protect your back.

Pilates focuses on core muscles, not only abs, but back and hips as well. Some of the focus and positioning can also help with yoga positions as you can focus on your core more. Combining pilates and yoga can do wonders to giv eyou energy and really stretch out and lengthen the body.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 23:41

Plan: my own
Stats: 240/232/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

bgmama,

You are doing so awesome with your weightloss, try to focus on that. You could do exercises also to help tone up. But, I think one could get depressed if they focus on the negative, besides you will most likely firm up as time goes on
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 04:42
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Have you heard of skin brushing? It is supposed to help with skin tightening. There are several threads about this-try doing a search on this. Here is one thread on the topic:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=1197462