Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 18:58

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 170/170/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Starting tomorrow, again!

Hi- I'm starting tomorrow (again). I just can't seem to get motivated and stay that way. Everything is an excuse to pig out. LC is the only way I have been been able to lose weight. I lose 15 then gain it back. I'm hoping that with the support of friends I will be able to stick with it. My biggest problem is knowing what I should eat when I get hungry and don't have access to LC food. Any ideas? What about tomoatoes? I love them with fresh Mozzarella and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Any ideas for snacks. What has worked for you? Breakfast ideas? Avacados? Pine nuts? Any advice would be most appreciated. Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/165/135
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi Debbie,

I have been haveing real good luck with Atkins I have been LCing for seven days now and have lose 10 pounds as of two days ago. I eat lots of eggs and meat of all kinds lunch meat from the deli not the pre packaged. and salad. no Avacados or Pine nuts. They are not allowed in Induction. Tomatoes are and the cheese is a go just remember to keep your carb around 20 and you will do great. I snack on left over meat, Cheese, Tuna, and deli slices. Good luck top you.

Kathy

Last edited by kdavis84 : Mon, Jan-20-03 at 08:12.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 20:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
My biggest problem is knowing what I should eat when I get hungry and don't have access to LC food.

Carry LC food with you. Cans of fish, pork rinds, jerky, string cheese, macadamia nuts, almonds...

You can even go to fast food places and just eat the meat.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 21:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
My biggest problem is knowing what I should eat when I get hungry and don't have access to LC food.

Carry LC food with you. Cans of fish, pork rinds, jerky, string cheese, macadamia nuts, almonds...

You can even go to fast food places and just eat the meat.

Karen