Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 17:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198.5/198.5/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking i start tomorrow!!

hey all, wussy again....well, i'm starting the diet again. my goal is to go a month with only 3 cheats TOTAL...so...i figured that was a good goal *and that's only cheats, not cheat days...* ANYWAY, i'm going to take my start weight and measurements tomorrow, i have all my vitamins and the like, and i was wondering if there was anything else i should do to get myself prepared...i'm thinking about getting before and after pics taken, but i don't know whom i wish to take the pics...after all, i'm not a real pretty site at the moment *eek* aaanyway, I PASSED ALL MY CLASSES WITH FLYING COLORS!!!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! celebrate good times, COME ON *L* alright, i'm off to see Shrek...'night all

-wussypuff
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 18:28

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up hey ...

Good luck with your program ...

As for the pictures, even though it may feel silly to get it done now ... TRUST ME, you'll want them when you get to your goal.
Worst case, take a pic of yourself in a mirror, wearing a bathing suit or something along those lines ...

Congratulations on passing your classes.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 18:51
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Perfect suggestion Dan ..

w/p, that's exactly what I did a year ago; got some brutal pics of me in my underwear no less .. .. And save some "fat" clothes too. I mean, I already know yer gonna do fine over the summer and lose lots o' lbs, but next winter, when the dull grey doldrums set in (hey, you're still gonna be with us then, right??? There's a few of us who support each other through the S.A.D. effects of winter) .. Anyway ... when you reach a really frustratin point, like a stall or plateau, all you need to do is look at those fat pics, or try on those fat clothes, and you'll see how far you've come ... and the desire to keep going will be reinforced. You can do this sweetie...

Nice going on the exams! You'll do terrific, I just know it.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 18:56
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Warning!: Broken record: On

Takes measurements as well!

Broken Record: Off

Wussy, open a thread in the journal/bootcamp forum so we can track your progress and drill you with suggestions

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 19:05
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Great idea!

So, Wa'il. when do we get to read the next entry in YOUR journal, Huh, huh????

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 19:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Do as I say, not as I do

You got me! Every single day I plan on posting after I clear my email tray, just 32 left after I deleted a lot of junk.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 19:38

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default take the pics!!!

Wussypuff,
I most definitely agree that you should take pics. They may want to make you cry when you see them but it is very motivating! I had my bf take mine and I was in my bathing suit. I saw them and was shocked at the "side chunk" as I affectionately call it! They got me motivated and I felt GREAT when I saw the after pics because the pics really track your progress!!

Congrats on passing the exams---- I remember fondly (ok, not so fondly) finals week!! ugh!! Lots of all-nighters and lots of cappochino!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 22:05
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default my last night to binge..*thank god*

thanks all i'll start my journal tomorrow...as for the pictures...yea, i'll do those tomorrow too *like you've been saying, you just have to take them, not like them* anyway, i'll begin my journal in the bootcamp and i can get through this!!!! and yes, i'll be here during the winter *gotta love those "mild" wisconsin winters...bleh* 'night all

-wussypuff
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-01, 09:50

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking YOU GOOOO GIRL!!!

I'm Soooooo proud of you! I very excited about your new start! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!
Hey, when you take your pics…take some side photos too! Especially of your face! It’s really cool to watch the double chin go away! Ha!

L RRAINE
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-01, 10:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default when i realised i had a slight double chin...

oh to make that devil thing go away!!!!! when i first saw a picture of me from the side i nearly died...YAY, it's going to go away yes, i'm VEEERRRRYYYYY excited i just weighed in...i didn't gain all that i lost back *hooray* but pretty close *boo* but it'll be gone again *hooray* yes, i just woke up..i'm a little groggy...so...bare *bear??* with me. *heh* i'll have my first bootcamp journal up tonight!!! *rah rah rah*

-wussypuff

by the way...thanks for all the support all i really love it!!!