Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 21:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Question LC effect on Cellulite and Varicose Veins??

Has anyone out there noticed that their cellulite and varicose veins (or circulation problems in general) have gotten any better or worse since going LC? I am thinking of switching to this WOE and want to make sure that I am not going to be making my problems worse.

Also, I have had 3 kidney stone episodes in the past, back when I mostly drank diet coke instead of my 8 glasses of water. Is this something to worry about? I'm not ready to go through that pain again.

BTW, I am a 28 year old female. 5'3", 117# and I am a bonifide sugar/carb addict. I would like to lose some of the stubborn fat around my hips, thighs and butt and kick the sugar habit. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 23:23

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Cool cellulite & v-veins

I have noticed that the cellulite off my behind and around my inner thighs have reduced since I have been on LC. I have not done much exercise lately except for walking during my coffee and lunch. So I think it is a big improvement.

Aren't cellulite fat pockets inside your skin or something?? So in my 'lay' thinking, by changing fuel source from carbs to fat (dietary or body fat) while on a LC WOL, eventually it will get to the fat pockets under your skin. Probably someone will have a better medical explanation.

With regards with the kidney stones, I think you should get all your medical tests done and consult your doctor before you start any diet.

I have a friend who is on her second week on Atkins and she has only 1 functioning kidney and she is doing very well. I think if you have previous problems with kidneys, you need to watch your URIC acid (from your blood tests) and drink tons more water.

Best to discuss with your doctor and keep in mind that this is a Way of Life...

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-01, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%

Thank you Sarlyle. THe part about the cellulite is encouraging. Does anyone out there have any experience with Vein problems and LC?