Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257.2/252.8/165 Female 5'9"
BF:less than it was!
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up i love this place!

hello everyone! i just ran across this site today as i was surfing the web on low carb stuff. i had been an obese person for my entire life until this year. i have been doing atkins since the end of january and i absolutely love the diet. it has been the easiest diet i have ever been on. of course my entire diet consisted of mostly carbs before starting it. when i discuss the diet with friends who want to lose weight, they always have the excuse that they cant do it cause they cant give up the bread and pasta. hello?!!! i loved them too but i decided to love myself a little bit more. this past friday i went shopping because all of my clothes are so big. i have gone from a size 18 to a size 10! yes a 10! i was so excited i ran home and called my mom and sister to tell them i bought a size 10. of course you have to understand that i can never recall wearing a size 10 in my life and im 38 yrs old. i feel so good! my original goal was 160 but now that im so close to it ive decided to go for 155. im in phase 3 so i only lost a couple of pounds this month. but losing that included my homemade whipped cream and strawberries and homemade ice cream. i have not suffered at all on this diet, ok well after the first three days.. but now with this diet even my migraines are gone!!!

for all those of you just starting a diet, you are gonna love this. it works and believe me ive tried them all. make sure you take your vitamins and supplements!!!!!

i look forward to chatting and sharing with all of you! and i am so happy i found this place!

woohooo! a size 10! can you tell im excited??!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 20:01
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello there and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on your great success and on the size 10

Thanks for sharing your story and nice meeting you. Perhaps start a journal, there you can share your dailies and meet wonderful people

Take care

#3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 20:42

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You have done awesome! You have a great attitude and I am sure you will inspire many people.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 21:02

thanks mischa! i appreciate it! nice to meet you too! i have been using the atkins online journal since i began but i will check out the journal area here.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 21:04

hi atriana! thanks! i just get so excited when thinking about it after struggling my entire life with my weight. it looks like you are very close to your goal as well. congrats on your success!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:30
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Woo hoo! Thanks for sharing your success with us! Here's to more of the same!