Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 11:19

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default FASTER looser..... Atkins or Paleo/Nether?

I had 2 Weeks on Atkins then had to stop Dairy and Vinagre. This 3rd week I feel with tons of energy, and all the side effects I was getting are gone. So I am getting acquainted with this Paleo/Nether. Questions:

1. Have you loose faster doing a combination of this 2 diets, involving the very low carb restriction of Atkins, but on the other side a very clean raw salads and not this process products made for LC, also eating good fats.

2. Or, do you loose faster just forgetting about counting carbs, and start focusing on having healthier products into your self, assuming that in this way my body will loose faster.

I personally believed on number one, since I come from Atkins, but maybe here some people have experience loosing weight faster doing just hard core Paleo or Nether…
But for a WOL latter in the game I know for health reasons I will be neather/paleo, seems like very complete and good an many levels. but now I want only to loose faster. Ideas are welcome
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:01

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Cucu: I think both plans have merit, although the Atkins Plan can be subject to more abuse because of the liberty or choices for the use of processed materials. Many Atkins dieters do go the "pure, unprocessed" route but, even so, they still consume processed mayo, salad dressings, cream cheeses, sour creams, etc. NeanderThin is much purer and an excellent plan for those of us who are intolerant of dairy or grain. The beauty of all the low-carb plans is that everyone has a choice to find the plan that they feel most comfortable with and that works for them, or a combination of plans.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 15:25

BF:

When I posted this add I was trying to find my own diet, but I totally agree with you, this LC lifestyle have many choices for all different types of people.

I ended up in NeanderThin after looking around all this month and seeing how I wasn’t loosing weight and having different reactions to different foods like Grains and Dairy... I feel happy with this diet, but still haven't lost a pound... I hope now that the diet is more clean I start getting thiner soon..
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 21:11

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

I lost inches more than weight when I first changed over.

I do a combination of atkins and neanderthin. I keep the foods natural, but also keep an eye on my carb counts. I also use a lot of fats.

I am having problems finding a dressing for my salads thatI love and will make, but things are going well. Marty
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 22:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toopoles
I am having problems finding a dressing for my salads thatI love and will make, but things are going well. Marty

Yes is like having the best of both worlds, low carbs (only veggies) not fruits nor nuts yet until I am near my weight... away from that all clean diet but having problems deciding how much is a good amount of fat. i.e.
I fry my food on Coconut oil, like the nice Red fatty meat.. then the same with my eggs in the morning, but all this makes my whole day only come up to hardly 60% or less of my total fat intake ahhh plus my olive oil i forgot...,

What dressing do you normally do for your salads?
are you planning to stop the olive oil as some news says it might be bad for diet, might stop you from loosing, not because the fat but because the quality of fat? or in this matter you are more Atkins and enjoy the Pre-made Ranch style 1g. netcarb dressings?

I have doing this dressing myself with Olive oil, raw clove of garlic, lemon or ginger juice raw, peper and celtic salt, some times Yolk from egg, but every day seems like the same, I need more ideas.. or I was even thinking not puttin olive oil as i have read it might be bad.. but then how can I be hi fat?.. Should I start using flax seed oil for dressings?

Maybe I shouldn't worry about adding too much fat, as long as I fry my fatty meat on coconut oil and feel full, instead of looking for a number...
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 07:50
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

My favourite is sesame seed oil. Cooks at a high temperature and lovely on salads as a dressing.