Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 19:55

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default The old Doc Atkins diet/and the New Doc Atkins diet

Are there many differences between the old Doc Atkins diet of the 70's, and the new one out that is in book stores???? I can never get the book at the library, it is always out..... I have the old book from the 70's.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 20:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The old book was almost all protein & fat with only 1 small green salad per day. OVer the years, he found that staying that low wasn't any better than the 20 gm of carbs per day so things changed.

For the latest information, go to www.atkinscenter.com where they have FAQ's and basic Induction information.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:28
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

There seem to be quite a few differences. I've gotten into some lively debates with people who quote chapter and verse about what they're allowed to eat/do on Atkins, only to find they had the old book. I would suggest getting the new book, but if you can't find it, going to the Atkins website if you haven't already would be a good start.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:55

BF:
Default Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofi
The old book was almost all protein & fat with only 1 small green salad per day. OVer the years, he found that staying that low wasn't any better than the 20 gm of carbs per day so things changed.

For the latest information, go to www.atkinscenter.com where they have FAQ's and basic Induction information.

Thanx for that info above....Im trying the fat fast to see what happens.

My ketostix were turning purple in the evenings...but I still wasn't losing weight.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 14:08

BF:
Default actually

What you can eat seems to be about the same as the old book....just some more salad....and a bit of a higher carb level to start.