Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default 30 min. videos? Questions for the fitness people...

Does anybody know of some 30 minute workout videos that dont require equipment? Weights I can handle, but all the bars and steps, just too much of a pain. I've been doing the Tae Bo Basic video (27 min) every other day or so, and then TRYING to get some Callanetics (kinda like palates i think?) in.. I just hate exercising. Suggestions anyone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 12:05
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

The Firm has some good videos that do require dumbbells -Upper Body and Lower Body Sculpt (not Split, those are longer). The Lower Body uses a step but I bought one at Walmart for $7 that works just fine. As for the bar...mine is a mop handle minus the mop.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 03:09

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

lol ~ mop handle

Denise Austin has a bunch of different videos. They're pretty easy too..Some videos have a little of everything in it.
If you don't want any cardio, she has a video called 30minute Target Toner. Then she has videos with 10minute ab workouts..leg workouts..etc. She's also on lifetime every morning at 7am and then a different workout at 730am and starts with cardio and then goes to abs, legs or butt exercises. It's different everyday.

Tae Bo has just an abs and glutes video which I think is all floor type exercises.

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Thu, Sep-04-03 at 03:13.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 04:17

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I can't stand most of these...I wish they would just tell you what to do calmly, then demonstrate it quietly to some good music without all that enthusiastic rah rah stuff and constant chatting..by the fourth time you watch it, you are guaranteed to want to throw the weight at the TV!!
I have only seen one exercise tape in which this was done...the person just demonstrated and didn't say a word.. bliss. But I've long ago lost that tape...sigh

Val
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I've been doing the Winsor Pilates 20 minute workout 3 times a week for a few months and have a much flatter stomach, thinner thighs, and a shrinking rear end as a result. And there is none of the incessant perkiness Val mentioned

Karla
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 17:13

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

That sounds good...yes Pilates I can imagine being a bit 'calmer' in presentation. Unfortunately I have a very bad lower back which means I can't do much that isn't dead vertical...so straight aerobics and a lot of weight lifting is OK..but the aerobics tapes generally are featuring someone talking non-stop and making silly enthusiastic noises etc...or at least, they used to all be that way...haven't looked at any new ones I must admit.

Val
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 17:36

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

what i do with the videos that i can't stand the constant chatter etc is follow them 2 or 3 times and once i have the routine i mute the video and put on my own upbeat music and do the video that way!!