Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 17:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/287/135
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default hi, newby here

hi my name is beth, i am 46 and just started the atkins diet this week. i stumbled on this site and thought it was good so i joined. i live in PA and am married to carl for 30yrs. we have 2 grown sons, steve and robert. they are both married and rob has 2 girls, granddaughters, i love it. jordan is 7 almost 8 and jenna will be 4 in a few weeks. i love being grandma [BB] as they call me. i have been heavy as long as i can remember and i have been disabled since 79 with a bad back. i don't get out much, just dr. appts. and shopping a little. i don't have a special friend, i lost mine 2 yrs ago to lung cancer at the age of 43 and she didn't even smoke. it was very sudden, 3 weeks from when we found out til she passed. i have been very depressed ,the last 2 yrs have gone by with me in a fog.
i need to lose this weight, i have high blood pressure, depression, diabetes [ last 8 months] and really want to be healthier.
boy i sound like i have a sad life. i don't, i live in the country and love animals, i guess you could say i furred and feathered my empty nest. hehe, i have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 5 parrots. any other animal lovers out there?
well i have rattled on, i am glad to meet everyone and maybe we can be friends. thanks beth
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

Hi Beth and Welcome!

You have come to the right place for support and cameraderie! I think you will be very happy on Atkins. A lot of folks have found depression dissapating, blood pressure dropping and diabetes becoming controllable. I hope the same for you!!

Hope all is going well so far and I look forward to seeing your progress. Just stick with it and it will work for you!!!

-Shelly
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 18:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of friendly and helpful people here.

I see we have a few things in common..roughly same age, living in the country, AND a desire to make improvements in our lives.

How are you making out this week?

If you feel icky, that's the normal part of induction. It will pass in a few days. Just keep drinking that water, and make sure you take a good multivitamin, potassium to replace what's lost with all the water output, and calcium-magnesium to help out with leg cramps.

Good luck on your journey. And never be afraid to ask questions!

#4   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 05:35

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Beth and welcome to this forum.

I am sure that you will find the low carb lifestyle to your benefit in many ways. I've been living this way for 9 months now and really love it.

This site is great for information, advice, support and motivation. Why not start your own journal, see sticky at top of page on how to start a journal, this will not only give you a record of your progress, it will provide information for others to offer you advice, when you need it, and a place for us all to pop in and say hello.

Every success for the future.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 13:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/287/135
BF:
Progress: 2%
Talking thank you

thanks everyone for the welcome. i hope to come here often, i need all the help i can get. hehe have a great weekend. beth