Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 20:16

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 208/208/180
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default requestin lookout

hay,

i am not sure what plan to do! there is too many, shoot.
right now i am just doing my own thing, eating mostly meat, and today and yesterday, an apple. i am kind of scared to eat alot of meat though, cuz like, i got this lingering fears of like mad cow disease, and heart attacks...i can't get that stuff out of my mind you kno? anyways, there is a program i heard on the radio called Radiant Health; has anyone heard of it before? because, i don't understand vitamins and minerals at all, and i read somewhere that the kats on the Atkins program, take like 30 pills a day!

yea--so was anyone else kind of be nervous to eat alot of meat? even though the books say it's okay.

o and also, Atkins seems to give the most praises to saturated fat. cuz so far, the bits and pieces i have read of other peoples, don't seem to be as abandoned to the concept as he is. am i right, or wrong?

anyways, im really stuck out here, and any comments would help and be welcomed

thanks!
peaCe by the way
Life F.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 21:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, LF -- have you checked the link to the right of the posts that says Which low-carb plan is right for me? That might give you some ideas.

There are a lot of people on LC plans -- many of them here You can browse through some journals of longtimers and see that they're not dead, certainly not suffering from mad cow disease, but, in fact, feel healthier and have better blood pressure and cholesterol levels than they did pre-LC.

All the LC plans I know of have a healthy respect for fats -- it's the bad fats (those in margarine, some fats that are heated) that can be harmful. Butter, fat on meat, is fine.

Most of these questions are answered in the New Diet Revolution. Your profile says you've read it, but sometimes there's a lot to take in the first time. You might want to read it again.

Finally, it might be helpful to look at the Health section on this forum. There are a lot of questions and answers there that address your concerns.

Good luck

Last edited by alto : Sat, Apr-27-02 at 07:39.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 05:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

I have to second what Alto said.

"Kinda doin' your own thing" isn't the best way to start LCing. It's the fastest way to set yourself up for feeling yuckier than you expect, and the fastest way to get discouraged and quit.

There's a definite science behind eating low carb. It means choosing healthy low carb veggies, protein and the right fats. It is definitely NOT A NO CARB, ALL MEAT, NO VEGGIE way to eat.

Do yourself a big favor and have another run thru your book. If you start off on the right foot, your chances of success are far better.