Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%
Default Question about weight

I have a question, I know I'm not at my goal, but I now after loosing 30 pounds do not find myself overweight. I'm 5 feet 2 inches and weigh 140. I'm in a size 8 or size 9 pants. I know I'm still alittle overweight, but not unhealthy overweight, but everywhere I enter my information, it tells me my BMI is at an unhealthy overweight.

These charts ask, weight, hieght, age, sometimes waist and hip measurements.

I laugh at the one that ask the above information and not ask me my breast size and then tell me I'm pear shape. Hardly. I'm still wearing a 36D cup bra. Even when I'm at 125 pounds I'm still in a D cup bra, how come non of the questions take that into consideration, for BMI or for weight. I'm sure breast in a size D cup can account for 5-8 pound easly of my weight. I'm 40 years old I know if I got down to 96-122 pounds I would not look healty, I'd be in a size 3 which isn't all that bad, but last time I got to that weight, my face looked drawn and too skinny.

Does anyone have this problem or can help me out with all of this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:07

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I say, if you are happy at your weight then blow off the charts! If you're healthy, you're healthy. As we age we do need to carry more weight. I'm sure you look faublous dahling!

Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:12

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yeah, i say screw what those weight charts say!! If you are comfortable in your own skin, and feel happy - then that is all that matters!
When i made my goal, it was from previous low weight that i felt good at. I never even took into consideration what the charts said. I have been thinking about it the last couple of days, since i fit into my size 12 new skirt - i don't want to be much smaller. I *LOVE* being curvy - i don't want to be super skinny. I think that woman were meant to have curves on them, and i don't need to fit into a size 8 to feel good about myself. It is all about personal preference!! You make your own rules!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:15

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey good for you for reconizing that you may want to adjust the goal weight, nothing wrong with that! Go by how you feel, as your right in our 40's is'nt like in our 20-30's and we need to take that into consideration, tee, hee, like it or not

I've got 11 pounds to go to my goal weight and I'm even thinking" Gee I don't know?? maybe 145 would be a better size for me", I'll decide that when I close to it I guess.

Cheers Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:23

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Thumbs up

Right On !!

Forget the scales and charts, you like what you see thats all that matters,
and what are you supposed to use to balance that D cup if not a few pounds ?
Scales are terrible things, you are not overweight and you are best of all healthy in seeing your body as it is, naturally right. So few women see that thanks too the media ! Things were better in the 70's when it comes to our image of ourselves.

Again good for you !
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 16:03

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have never been a rail thin girl. I have always been meaty, not fat just meaty. I know that 125 would be a very unreasonable weight for me to maintain, I also don't know how well I would look. For know I would really like to lose about 8 lbs. I'll see how I feel then.
There is no way to determine ones BMI unless is is professionally done. The best tests are the ones that they submerge you in a tub of water. I'm pretty sure those are hard to come by.

Good for you to determine what is best for you. It makes me feel better about my decision to go by how I feel, not by my clothes size and the scale.

Wee