Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 18:40

Plan: Carb Addict's Diet
Stats: 200/170/145
BF:
Progress: 55%
Talking Tomorrow I start!

Alright, well this is my second ever post, and I am really excited because tomorrow is the day I officially start CAD. I bought the book on Saturday, and decided that Monday (tomorrow) would be a great day to start. So I'm really excited, and a little nervous, about starting the diet. This is actually the first real diet I have ever been on. I have always wanted to try the different diets that are out there, but I have never known where to start, and I have never had the motivation to actually go out and do it.

So I just want everyone to cross their fingers for me, because this is going to be a long road ahead, but I am completely confident that this is going to work for me. I just have to give it a little bit of time to get used to it, and I need to stay motivated (which I'm sure will happen when I start to see some results!!)

I will post sometime soon and update on how I am doing.

Love,
JessaRose
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 20:53
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 219/216/175
BF:
Progress: 7%

Good Luck Jessa! I started about 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs. I feel really good! I highly recommend adding the 2 cups of salad before your reward meal.....I notice that when I do have salad consistently, I lose more. Enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: ADDICTS
Stats: 170/165/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Monday is THE day

Jessa,

I started Monday too! And this is the first time I have ever dieted!

I have lost 6lb already and I dont care if it is fat or water! lol This is the first time in six years the scale has even thought about going down instead of up!

You hang in there

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!
Tim Allen
Gallaxy Quest

#4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 19:09

BF:

Thanks for the responses!!!! It's now thursday, and I have been doing CAD for the past 4 days, and I think that things are starting to get a little bit easier. I have been doing really well for my two CM's, but I'm a little worried about binging at the RM, so I am being really careful not to overeat.

The biggest problem so far is the munchies that haunt me at night. I sit around and do nothing all night, and I get pretty hungry. Snacking at night has always been my biggest problem, and so far I am just making the kitchen off limits or I know that I will end up in the cupboards.

Other than that, I don't find it too difficult yet, I will just be really happy when the carb cravings start going away, and then I won't think about snacking so much. I am really hoping to keep this up. I weighed in at 185 today, which blew my mind. My goal is to lose another 10-15 pounds before I go to school. I think it's pretty achievable.

Jessa
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 06:22
Registered Member

Plan: ADDICTS
Stats: 170/165/130
BF:
Progress: 13%

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 21:19

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

Hey do I know you? Are you a fan of country music? Did I belt out Achy Breaky Heart with you over Canada Day weekend? lol lets hope I have the right Jessa Rose! lol
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:55

BF:
Default That would be me!!!

Hey Ivory,

You do have the right Jessa Rose, it's me! I am the same gal who tried line dancing with you in my living room. What a great night that was!

Congrats for finding me!!!! Although it probably wasn't that hard, this isn't the most unique nickname ever. (No one calls me Jessa or anything, I jsut htink that Jessa Rose has a nice ring to it, I could be wrong.)

I haven't been posting here realy, but I probably will start eventually. I'll talk to you soon!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 21:04

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

Well I'm glad its you or some other Jessa Rose would have been like "who are you and why do you think I like Billy Ray Cyrus?!?!?" lol
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:03
Registered Member

Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%
Wink

Good Luck to you !! I am starting CAD this week too, I started on Atkin's I lost about 8 pounds, but I want something I can live with and Atkin's was not. Anyway, I started yesterday July 29 and this morning when I hit the scale I had gained 2 pounds. I heard this is normal when you switch plans, I am hoping that I wont gain any more in the process, but I know of a good friend of mine who lost 50 pounds on CAD. The only thing to remember is to keep the RM balanced and don't pig-out. I will love to hear from you and check how you are doing this week.

Also, does anybody knows if cesar salad dressing is allowed?

Thanks,

Wanda L.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:24

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Salad dressing theme today......

Gosh... everywhere I go its "salad dressing" topic. LOL.

I eat cesar salad/dressing when I eat out with caution. Don't really know whats in it. So far I have not found it to cause me to have cravings. I think it's okay.... for me. Everyone is slightly different. Cesar dressing in a bottle is easy, you have the opportunity to read the label.

I have a comment on this quote..... 'cause it sounded like me.
Quote:
I sit around and do nothing all night, and I get pretty hungry

For me, when I said that too.... it was TIME to DO something about it. Go for a walk. Swim. Hike. Bike. Take up Tennis. Golf...... find something that you enjoy doing and get out and do it!! You will feel much better, stay away from your fridge and get some fun exercise in the process!!

Wanda, I know you didn't mean me when you said your good friend lost 50 pounds on CAD ..... but I have done it too. 50 exactly since January 1st of this year. I have only/always followed CALP and have NEVER thought I was on a diet that deprived me of something. Never. Not once.

Best wishes to ya'll
and I think you are all doing a fine job of it!!

Libby
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:33
Registered Member

BF:

Jessa_Rose:

Last night I eat at about 5:30 p.m., so I didn't eat anything else, by the time I went to bed, 11:30 p.m., I was feeling a little hungry, but since I keep on drinking water after dinner, It was not as bad. So, keep dirinking water after dinner until you go to bed, maybe that will help with the cravings, I read in the CAD book tht sometimes your cravings could be really that you need to drink more water.

Good Luck !! Don't Give UP !

Wanda L. From Texas
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:01

Plan: CALP
Stats: 195/175/165
BF:26/19/15
Thumbs up Caesar salad dressing

Quote:
I eat cesar salad/dressing when I eat out with caution. Don't really know whats in it. So far I have not found it to cause me to have cravings. I think it's okay.... for me. Everyone is slightly different. Cesar dressing in a bottle is easy, you have the opportunity to read the label.
I too eat caesar salad when I dine out w/o any problems. It's sometimes the only thing I can have on the menu, but I also like it.

A great bottled caesar dressing comes from Annie's Naturals. It's made with canola oil and all natural ingredients, no added sweeteners, and has only 1g carb per 2 tbsp serving. My family considers it the best-tasting bottled caesar dressing that they've had. I got it at Trader Joe's for $1.89/8 oz. Here's Annie's website to get more info or find where you can buy it. www.anniesnaturals.com

Happy eating!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:09
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the link TigerWW, I had just placed the order.

#14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 07:22

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Starting Today- again!

I had done the CAD for about 12 weeks and lost between 5 and 7 #, and then I found that I could maintain the weight loss through exercise and eating mildly lo-carb.

But I want to lose another 5#, so I'm going back to CAD and keeping exercise on the plan. At first I just didn't have any energy! But I'm taking B-6 and Potassium.

I hope it works as well as the first time!

Nicole