Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 22:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%
Default Is it the lc Cheesecake or TOM???????

Hi,
Well, I need your expertise once again. I weighed in Thanksgiving a.m. I hadn't weighed in for a while. Lost 2 lbs. Great Thanksgiving Day. Exercised that night & another 2lbs gone. Today, Sunday, 5lb GAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I have been eating at the leftover lc cheesecake since Thurs. I realized that 1/2 the pie is now gone. So, I've eaten 1/2 of a lc cheescake since then. I never went over my carb limit of 20-25. TOM will be here on Friday. Soooooo what's a girl to think???? I may as well throw that scale away. Just when I started to love it. I did slice the remaining pie in about 1/2 inch pieces and froze it. I did find once b4, I had a gain when I treated myself to a little cream cheeze with splenda. Is it the Cake, TOM (on Friday) or Splenda. There's a lot in the cake. I also gained 10lbs last month for TOM and the Whoosh Fairy came by. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MayMay : Mon, Dec-01-03 at 03:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:08

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Could be a combo of both. I typically gain 3 lbs right before TOM (as much as 5 on bad months). Cheesecake and cheese in general can add to the woe....it is very easy to go overboard with cheesecake (I know).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:09

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

its probably a bit of both but dont worry sure you can shift it, umm cheesecake who can resist anyway.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 07:04
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

MAYMAY.... I am right at the same point as you with the low carb cheesecake and that TOM, lol. I stay at 20 to 25 carbs a day as well. I havn't "gained" but I sure havn't lost this week either.The way I see it, having a lil low carb treat is better than a full blown cheat Have a great day everyone
Angel
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 01:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%

Thanks guys!!!! I had to check it out this a.m. I had taken off 2 of the lbs gained, so it may be WATER from TOM. I'm telling you, last month I gained 10 lbs. Thought I would just quit. Thank God I didn't. I think I'm gonna throw out the chzck. It's even better frozen. I'm going throw it right now. Thanks again & good luck to you all!!