Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%
Default Anyone doing KISS...need help

Hi everyone...
I hope you are all far away from the spring snow I am getting right now!!! Tomorrow I am going to start KISS for 14 days and then re-induct myself. I am just wondering if anyone would be willing to post a day's menu from when they have been practicing KISS. I am trying to plan my meals for the next couple of days and am looking for some help....any suggestions for the grocery store would also be super helpful! Also, did you drink coffee while on KISS? Did you have any cream whatsoever or splenda?
Thanks again for all the help and support...
Jenn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 15:00
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Cream is a no-no. I'd say the splenda is up to you and how you react to it. They do have carbs in the filler though.

A typical type menu for me would include

Breakfast
2 egg omlette with mayo and spinach filling.

Lunch
Large salad with diced chicken breast and olive oil for dressing.

Dinner
A grilled meat or fish. 1-2 types of Lc veggies with butter or olive oil topping.

Then here and there in the day I would have some snacks. To keep my fat and calories up I would suppliment with coconut or flax seed oil. If you have fattier cuts of meat such as beef or pork you might not need the extra.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 15:45

Thank you Lady Belle...
Did you still drink coffee black? Also, about how much veggies did you take in? Like in your salad was it 2 cups of lettuce and then during dinner 1 or 2 cups of another atkins friendly vegetable.

Also, how many carbs total did you take in? Obviously it was under 20, but did you drop any lower like to 10 or 12 net carbs while doing KISS?
Again, thank you
Jenn
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:07
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I took in a lot more veggies then just that. My salads would be closer to 3 cups. I would have maybe 1/2 cup of spaghetti squash and some asperagus for dinner.

With the high fiber content of LC veggies, and the fact I was eliminating dairy and other hidden carb sources, I was only getting around 15g net per day. I think I did cut down on coffee. I use stevia as a sweetner, but I went through periods of trying to get caffine out of my system, so I think I did cut out coffee. I may of HAD had some herbal teas. Coffee does have some carbs, and can dehydrate you. Right now my morning "cup" of coffee with half and half probably makes for at least a half days worth of carbs

I found with the dairy gone, and other carb sources, it was almost impossible to get up to 20g net off salad and a couple servings of the allowed veggies. I did try to keep my cals at 1200 or over as the fat and veggies filled me up and I would drop too low if I didn't monitor myself.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:41

Thanks Lady Belle...I really appreciate your help!
Have a great night...
Jenn
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:21
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

Other yummy things to try can include zucchini or daikon hashbrowns for breakfast. Fried cabbage, though probably should leave out the bacon. You can also look into dairy free quiches with veggies or protien added. I also found taking a salmon steak and putting it in a ziplock bag with olive oil then microwaving was a fast dinner plan.