Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/156/125
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default I ate at Olive garden?

Hello,
I ate tonight at Olive garden. What do you guys think of my meal choice? I had the chicken scampi, I asked for no pasta of course but also that the chicken not be battered in flour prior to being sauteed. Because I didn't have pasta the cook added extra peppers. It was fantastic. I have been on induction for two weeks now and have lost about 5 pounds, but my jeans are now falling off me. Yay!Please let me know if you guys think I could have made a better choice. Thanks. Cari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 20:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sounds as though you did everything right. You requested what you needed and they did it. Every time an LCer asks for the right stuff in a restaurant, the place learns more about our way of eating. Sounds like that is a good place to eat.

Choosing chicken or scampi or other fish and meat was great. Passing up the pasta showed great determination and the right mindset for success.

Well done.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 20:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default thanks barB

Thanks for the reassurance =-) I always worry though that they will still cook with flour. Oh well I guess that's something I will have to just rely on. Take care, cari
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 21:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi all, you know I was on vacation and ate out quite a bit. The most annoying thing is when I ordered a salad and told them what kind of dressing I wanted and it was fat free! I don't think subway has anything else but FF dressing. It can really ruin a good salad .
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 05:23

Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Yes Shelly, it's true some places I eat out at has only a couple or even only ONE kind of dressing that could be of course loaded with carbs. In that case, I have just asked for no dressing, it can be great.

SooCee
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi SooCee, I'm not at that point yet that I can eat a salad w/o dressing. I tried it and it wasn't appealing to me, just a little dressing is all I need. I think I'm going to carry my own dressing now when I plan on eating out, that way I have no surprises.
Happy LC ing!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 19:05

Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

We tend to eat out alot, too. I think it's great that you were able to low carb at Olive Garden, we like Macaronni's, but I haven't ventured out there yet. It's easy to ask for veggies instead of potato in most places. (seems to usually be broccolli, cauliflower and carrots...just don't eat many carrots).

We also like to go to buffet type places, similar to Golden Corral. where you can have several nice meat choices, salads, low carb veggies.

I have started using oil and vineger, a bit of salt and pepper on my salad when I am out. Mayonaise is a good dressing, too. You could also carry your own.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1011-12-05-1036.gif (5.8 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by KTiki : Sun, Aug-11-02 at 10:12.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 00:55
Registered Member

BF:
Default yum Golden Corral sounds great

Hey Golden corral is a great idea. they have an all you can eat steak on their buffet. Thanks. Cari
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 10:18

BF:

Hmmmmm, I'm supposed to meet family at Pizza Hut for lunch in a few minutes. I just ate some roast beef rolled up in provalone cheese. I plan to pick the toppings off anything I'm served and get a salad. Ice water. This is a test....I know I can pass. Tune in later, LOL

Kathy
Attached Images
File Type: gif pmfence.gif (9.8 KB, 169 views)
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 12:09

BF:

I made it!!!! Ate the tops of 3 slices of pizza and left the crust. It was good, meat lovers and supreme. Ice water and I didn't feel deprived. I figure I used 3 or 4 carbs, not bad.
Kathy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angelkid.jpg (12.2 KB, 166 views)
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 15:50
Registered Member

BF:

Great job. That's the true test. If you can make it at pizza hut, you're awesome.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 20:09

Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

I find I don't even miss the crust on pizza anymore. I'm a pizza fanatic and when I want pizza now I go and order (my family hates me taking everything off the crust) I put ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and black olives and feta cheese and throw away the crust, I eat about 4 pieces and I feel like I had my pizza craving diminished. It's soooo good. Nobody in a restaurant has said anything either. I'm sure the cook and the waiter must be rolling their eyes when they get our dishes back. LOL. Oh well, as long as I can have my pizza I'm happy. If you're really embarrassed to do that, order in, then no one knows but you.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 220/196/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 30%

I recently went to Dave and Buster's and got the fish (which I didn't know had a light breading). I specifically asked if I could get extra vegetables to replace the rice. The waitress refused. I should have talked to the manager but it was a work function. I just ate around the breading and ate what was allowed. It relly upset me. If I should got there again I will ask the manager if that is company policy.