Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161.5/145.5/125
BF:
Progress: 44%
Unhappy i screwed up

I screwed up yesterday! It was supposed to be day 3 of induction but I caved and had not only a bowl of ice cream but also a piece of cheese cake! I DIDN'T EVEN WAN'T IT!!!! I was just feeling like crap .. it was the day before my birthday .. i was blue about that .. (cause it seemed like I didn't have any plans or worse noone cared) I also had a big fight with my sis and It's that time of the month and bad cramps! So I caved! I'm sooo upset with myself. I seriously was not hungry ... no appetite at all. But I figured it would make me feel better ... it was all over in 20minutes and I did NOT feel better ... just worse. Anyhow I ruined induction and it looks like today will be limited carbs but not below 20 because it is my b-day and it looks like there may be cake! What am i supposed to say 'no thanks .. it's my b-day but you all just have cake' most don't even know i'm on this diet! So i guess i will start really strictly tomorrow!
p.s. as it turns out i didn't gain or anything
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Ann. Almost everybody screws up You'll notice there's no Saints Only forum here I think you're very wise to start over tomorrow AFTER your birthday (and )

Especially for those of us who led High Carb Lives (I certainly did) adjusting to this WOE can be difficult. People who were natural meat eaters and hated candy and bread have less of a problem, but if your entire life was junk food and sweets, it's hard.

A lot of the process is to substitute habits and retrain your tastes. I think it's a very good thing that your realized that the sweets didn't make you feel better -- some of us take years to figure that out! Good for you -- you got it the first time!

Have a very happy birthday party and start again tomorrow We're all pulling for you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Wink It's ok-- I did the same thing

Ann

It' ok. I began induction a few weeks ago, but when Easter came, I ate things that I shouldn't including cake, candy, and pasta. But the next day, I got right back to low carbing. And I have continued to lose weight. I would have done the same thing for my birthday. I mean, it only happens once a year. So hang in there.