Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/304/175 Male 5' 9
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up newbee

Been on Atkins one month minus 2 days. Lost 28 pounds so far. Found this forum today. Looks great. Family doesn't give much support. They've seen me on too many "come and go" diets. Makes me doubt myself sometimes but it's lose or die for me so here we go!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 08:24

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on those 28 pounds lost - that is awesome. You will find a lot of information and support on this site. Start a journal, it is a great tool. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 08:30

Stats: 236/186/190 Male 72 inches
BF:21
Progress: 109%

Hi JohnUSA,
Welcome and congrats! It looks like you have found a way of eating that is really going to work for you this time. It also sounds like you are ready to do what it takes to make it happen...way cool! We are all behind you and cheering you on. It won't be too long before folks around you will notice all of the changes in you and will also. You are going to be a new person!
Best wishes,
T.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 11:20

BF:

Thanks TES & Atriana for your reply. It's very incouraging. I just come from town with ingredience for a new meat loaf recipe I got from Low Carb. I can just live on meat loaf with a few green veggies. I'm staying around 10 carbs a day. Today is workout day at health club. Looking forward.. John
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 11:34

Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Thumbs up Hi

Good luck...sounds like you are really motivated!! Thats all you need to be successful, is a true desire, plus, on this diet, you never need to be hungry, if you are, you should have eaten a half hour before. Tee Hee... love that!! Take care.

#6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 15:58
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

Don’t give up on the diet – it can sometimes take time to get the results that you want , but remember that it didn’t take you overnight to get this way – and it will take longer than overnight to fix the problem! But it works!!!! Stick with it!!! xx
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 22:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%

Hey Johnusa!
I sounds like you are doing great!

I have found this forum indespensible for making it through he process so far.
It just really helps to have people out there who are going through the same thing, and making changes for the better in their lives.

I found that if I didn't eat enough carbs I'd get cravings. Is that the case for you?

I have had to work to keep my calories up so my metablism doesn't go into starvation mode.

It is such a kick to realize that I need to eat more.

oh, the years and years of feeling like I eat TOO MUCH
and now I have to track food to make sure that I am eating as much as I need to be.

Welcome again to the TDC.

Rena
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 06:03

BF:

Hey Rena,
Thanks for your note. You know, if I have much carbs it just makes me want more. I stay under 10 a day. I have to really be tuned in to my body when I eat even if it is only meat or I will overeat. You can overeat just meat and kill your weight loss. As soon as you feel full quit. I don't miss a meal even if it is a little late or the old habit of overeating sneeks up the next meal. Believe it or not, I find exercise helps control appetite. When I'm tempted to have extra carbs I just remember how I used to be and I believe I can't afford a relapse this time..you know what I mean? Stay in touch and hang in there. John