Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 08:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 213/145/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Talking Yikes I Blew Up Like A Balloon

ok so I went on a binge sat sun and monday and oh my blew up like a balloon!!!!!!!!! anyways i have been doing atkins for over 3 years and now once again i have gone on induction..........yikes all i can say is if ya cheat like i did or better yet put something in yer mouth yer not suppose to take it from me .you will be sooooooo sorry.......even tho i gained only a few pounds i feel like crap ..Oh so not worth it...the withdrawel is awful.............thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 08:17
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I am with ya there, I am back on induction after an accidental 3 day blow out myself.... talk about learning the hard way... And it is horrible again.... I remember when I first started eating this way and was having the "induction flu" I thought I am getting sick, I never thought it was from eliminating carbs (I didnt have this forum then to know it was normal) but here I go again, day 3 back on induction and feeling like I just wanna go home and go to bed......
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Absolutely. I had three bites of a friend's birthday cake and got seriously queasy. This means it is very hard for me to go overboard on these sweet things, which is good.
And hey, only the first bite tasted great. The others weren't worth it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 202/188/170 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I will get a really bad headache and feel sick as well if I eat a bunch of carbs, part of what helps keep me from cheating.

Have learned to at least cheat with very low carb stuff, like get a cup of cream with spenda/vanilla in it. Satisfies the sweet tooth and you really don't want a whole bunch of it. ha ha

There is also the advantage bars or low carb candy bars which really don't taste too good to me, which is kinda good as I don't really want to overeat them.

Before Atkins I could easily eat a few candy bars at any one time.
Tommy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:22

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I hear ya!

I also "bulged out" during my 1 month carb fest

I can't believe how much better/slimmer I feel when I am on Low Carb....just proves it...low carb is better for you.

Back on track...forget about it...you learned your lesson...don't do it again!! lol
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/186/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:A lot
Progress: 28%

The first time I did atkins I stayed with it for 3-4 mo. and lost a little weight, well I went NUTS! I went to the store and bought chips, candy, icecream, bread, pasta EVERYTHING!! Then I was a stiff bloated cow for the next three days it was horrendous. I'm back on the wagon and have much better control over by cravings. I will not do that ever again. Lotsa love-HEidi