Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 03:06
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 194/184.5/147 Female 5 FEET 6 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Ketone sticks in UK???

Where can I buy ketone sticks in the UK? I went into Boots the other day and asked for them but was refused as they "Do not support the Atkins diet". If I was diabetic I would get them but only then on prescription. She did say that another chemist MAY sell them but she didn't know who. Any ideas???? Perhaps I can get them on the Internet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 03:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

That's a common and ongoing problem we've found in the UK Ewen. If you have a look on the UK forum, you'll find a huge long thread about it!

You can actually ring up and complain to Boots... who have no right to refuse you them and who, for folk who "don't support the diet", seem very happy to make money selling the Atkins book!

They are available through Boots online, or you can do what most of us do and refuse to give them your money when they have such a lousy attitude.

A lot of folk have found their local chemist is perfectly happy to sell them. Personally I get mine from Carblife.co.uk who sell a pack of 50 for £4 plus £1.80 P&P (the cheapest online price I've found so far) and usually deliver the next day.

Hope that helps. Do drop by the UK forum some time; you'll find loads of UK specific advice (together with some totally off topic derranged ramblings! ) there and its a lovely bunch of folk.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 05:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/140/120
BF:37%/32%/20%
Progress: 50%
Default Ketostix

Hi,

I have bought mine from a local pharmacy here in London. It wasn't one of those big ones like Boots or Superdrug.

They didn't ask me what I needed it for. So no problem there.

I also know a website called www.carblife.co.uk under Miscellaneous you can by them for £4.00. I don't know how much they want for P&P though. Hope this helps.

Pippaki
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 01:20
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 194/184.5/147 Female 5 FEET 6 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks guys, I have just placed my order with Carblife. Much less hassle than trailing round shops in the hope they will sell me then. Postage was £1.80 so well worth it. Thanks again.