Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default birthday cheat??

Well I did it, I traveled home and was there for 4 days and I didnt cheat once! Just kept alot of low carb foods in the fridge and also took gallons of water with me. It was easier though because the cravings were not as bad. Went to the bar with my friend for his birthday, I didnt drink anything, just played pool. I know there are some things you can drink, but I heard it could slow you down. So I did get home carb free and 3 lbs lighter
Now my birthday is this weekend on saturday and my brother has invited me to dinner and drinks!!! Im kinda worried about that!!
Another weekend I must survive!! and this time its my birthday!!
How many of you were able to cheat on your birthday but still continue on?? Im just worried that, Ill be like ok this is my day I can have whatever, and then that turning into a month.......or two! Its possible to remain low carb and I think that would be best for me, so gonna do my best!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 225/219/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I know that making rules about it can contain it. For instance I might say that "I will go off plan for this single meal, when I leave the restauraunt/table whatever the cheat is over, I will take no food home with me."

Look at me I'm on day 3 and all full of advice.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 14:04

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

I am proud of you. You did real good on your trip. You have a good attitude about what you want and you are going after it no matter what. Lost 21 lbs and only 27 to go. Keep up the good work. Put yourself first. I am sure your family will understand, and admire you for your will power and your accomplishments.

Last edited by Fat : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 14:10.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 14:08
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Since it's your bday, why don't you request what you want for dinner? As for drinks, I'd stay away as much as possible but you could take a 6 pack of Michelob Ultra or this new hard lemonade stuff called Thin Ice. See the link for it below.

http://www.drinkthinice.com/index.html
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 14:15
Registered Member

Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%

oh cool, I had never heard of thin ice......I really like the original mikes hard lemonade. I seen ads for the michelob but it just didnt sound like it would taste too good. But I think a burger on my birthday would be alright.....I get full so fast now anyways that dinners arnt a big deal anymore.....anything else that is low carb that i would be able to drink?
Thanks so much for the encouragement and the suggestions, I really want to keep going and I dont want to let this one day ruin me! My thing is I just gotta learn to be patient!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:18
Registered Member

Stats: 290/228/190 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Havea burger just take off the bun and ask for the condiments on the side (ketchup,mustard, mayo etc).

try buffalo wings

There are a ton of things you can eat even at a bar and the will not hurt your WOE..

If you have a beer not michelob ultra (bleeeeeehhhh) keep it to one or two...it may stall you but it wont kill you...
If you are going to drink a real beer or two make sure you dont eat hi carb...

Remember this is a WOE for life not a quick diet so might as well get used to ordering LC in Bars, taverns, restaurants etc.....it is really easy..
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 18:46

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

I cheated on my birthday and after that it took me forever to get back on.