Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 12:23

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%
Default Okay...I am still craving sweets and etc...

I have been finding that I still want carbs-yet I don't eat them. When are they suppose to "disappear" for good? On atkins they never completely dispparred for me at least Also I find that I am still hungry sometimes. I try to stick to only the 2 snacks and 3 meals. I am I posssibly not eating enough? I am also still trying to debate about staying in phase one-but I think I need more food options. Oh well-TIA
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 12:31

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Do you eat enough protein? I know when my protein is a little low or if I go too long between meals I crave sweets.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/210/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

If I remember correctly you are breastfeeding? If so, then your daily intake should be fairly high. It might be that you are not eating enough - most of what you eat goes into milk production to keep the little one healthy.

The body and brain needs carbs. I think people might be able to deny urges and cravings for the sake of losing weight, but the fact is you need them. If you are craving carbs then I would say, well, your body is perhaps telling you something. As long as you can satisfy those cravings with good carbs, you will be doing your body a world of good.

I'm not certain how long you've been in phase 1, but perhaps it is time to begin phase 2?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 16:47

Plan: TKD - semi low carb
Stats: 260/238/210 Male 76
BF:??%/28%/15%
Progress: 44%

My sweet tooth cure is a Chocolate Ricotta dessert sweeted with cocoa powder and splenda. Gives you protein too...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 16:55

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

Yup-Iam still nursing my daughter. I think that I just don't eat enough protein. I think that my snacks maybe too small and not have enough protein.
Does anyone have more then the 2 snacks?
I do love the mocha ricotta desert-does that count as a sweet treat and fall under the 75 cal? How many times can I have it a daY? Hope someone knows-I do love it but have been trying to avoid it since I will eat it all in one sitting!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 17:40

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I eat every 2 to 3 hours.

Jenn