Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:29
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 162/150/140 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default gazelle freestyle?

Im looking to get new equipment to motivate me to exercise more. What are your opinions on this piece of machinery? Its fun to do, but has anyone seen results on it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 11:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%

http://www.infomercialshopping.com/gazelle.html

Well, looks like you can pick this one up for under $200. My little sister uses it often and she seems to like it ok. Looks like it's good for cardio. The arms and legs moving at the same time will add to the workout and burn more calories. Definately more interesting than your run of the mill treadmills... cheaper too. I'd say if you're stuck in the house 1/2 the time and getting bored, get one. This way you'll get some exercise while watching Oprah. :P
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 18:20
Registered Member

BF:

haha im hardly stuck in the house ever...i have a career and am in pursuit of a degree. But Ill get one anyway. Thanks.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 03:50

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Let us know how it goes ... I'm getting bored of my stationary bike at home, and I can't afford the PreCor EFX yet ... LOL ...
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 14:00
Registered Member

BF:

Got one at academy sports for 89 bucks...yay...but waiting on my dad to get to my house to put it together. Should be on it by tomorrow evening. Boo for being a girl and not being able to put things together. I tested it out at the store, at it was really fun.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 07:06
Registered Member

BF:

Ive gotten on it twice so far, and man! I am so sore in my lower body! Fun workout, id say its worth the money.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 23:56
Registered Member

Stats: 200/192/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I bought a Gazelle about a month ago, and have been using it almost daily. I have missed three days in four weeks. I usually do 40-60 minutes. I have seen favorable results so far.
I bought the Gazelle Edge (cheapest one). My only complaint would be the lack of "resistance" in this model. I'm sure I'd be seeing faster results if I had some way to add resistance.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 10:00
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

I have had mine for 3 weeks - missed two days - it is the best (and I have tried bike and treadmill) not only for shapping up but it is fun and keeps me motivated. For resistence lean forward on your arms or backward (uses your body weight). I found the resistance for upper body really shows results fast. Of course at my size using my body weight should get results!!

The video helps you get started - and shows you all the moves - you can get an awsome workout.

Good luck
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:58

Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I found the old gazelle style (no resistance) but I love it, I wake up at 6:00 am and am on it for 20 minutes, shower and feel motivated for the day!

My husband says he definately sees a difference in my butt area.... ( Too much info....)

Last edited by carol.pino : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 13:00.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 19:13

Stats: 233/226/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%

I have the body by jake "total trainer". works good for sculpting muscles.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:10

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Tony Little's gazelle

My triathloner/Marathoner son has one. He uses it always before races/long distance trainings to warm up, after races to loose his tight muscles - it has a very gentle stretching effect.
He uses it when he has no-run days, because of rest or injury - gazelle is very easy on joints.
When I visit him I always use the motivational casette from Tony Little. It is so big fun for me:-)))
(My son somehow prefer B- old movies over Tony:-)))
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 21:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/254.5/160 Female 5 ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I Have The Gazelle Freestyle And Really Like It. The Best Thing Is I Get A Good Work Out And It's Easy On My Knees!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 14:58

Plan: Will do Akins
Stats: 198/194/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

I purchased the Gazelle over a year ago and a half ago, for my mother. It's been in her basement ever since. I went to visit a friend of mine recently who had one and she has been using it faithfully for the last 2 months and has lost a considerable amount of weight along with Atkins program.

That motivated me to go get the Gazelle from the basement on 12/25/03 and I have been using it ever since. It's right in front of the TV and before you know it I'm done. I started by doing just 10 minutes and barely getting a mile in. Yesterday I went 2.25 miles in 20 minutes.

So far I haven't gotten bored. I'm actually enjoying it, as this is the first time in about 7 years that I found something I enjoy.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:07

Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I'm so glad you posted because It opened my eyes that I need to get back into excercising again...my husbands ciropracter (sp?) recommends the gazelle for people with back pain etc.

My back is fine, but I got it for low impact on my legs and butt area and it was working .....the holidays threw me way off this WOL and I am def. getting back on my gazelle tonight.

Thanks