Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 08:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Bye Bye Big Dogs

What brand name of clothing will you be glad to say good-bye to? Don't get me wrong, I love the crazy captions on the back of the T-shirts and the funny pictures associated with this brand. Yet, I found myself actually answering to people who greeted me with "BIG DOG". They meant nothing by it but it had even gotten to the point where the gas station owners would address me by "BIG DOG". I probably owned atleast a dozen of these shirts or shorts over the last 3 years. There have been times while doing my bowling leagues, I have had other bowlers or kids wanting me to let them see what my latest BIG DOG SHIRT had on the back. I should have asked to be a representative of the company for the responses I got with some of their shirts. Somtimes I found myself giving out the directions to the closest store to purchase them. So I am here to say, "I loved you BIG DOG but I am so glad we are now going our seperate ways". I wanna thank all the members of this board that allowed me to DIVORCE this brand.

Last edited by Drake : Mon, Oct-27-03 at 09:16.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:08
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

LOL~ Drake!

I'm glad to be getting rid of my baggy LLBean "perfect fit" (as if! ) pants. I actually bought a pair of skin tight jeans yesterday. Yeah!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:32
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'll say goodbye to "Just My Size"...since, to me, it was more like "Just My Size gets in the way... Just My Size keeps going up...."

I would never even wear "Guess" clothes since I heard the comic say.."I saw a HUGE woman wearing pants that said "Guess" so I said "Thyroid Problem?" "About 350?"..she didn't like THAT Guess...."
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

Sorry but I love my "Big Dog" stuff. Its just not for fat people. I love it cause its irreverant. It's fun. At a big dog store and web sight the clothes are in every size. From kids to xxxxx.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:31

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

I donīt really understand why BIG DOG enchant people. Iīm from Costa Rica and when any of us -the family- go to the US we have to look out where are the Big Dogs for my dad. He simply loves that brand! BTW I would love to see a divorce here too...
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 05:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/245/150 Female 5'8"
BF:A Little LESS!
Progress: 14%

I'd like to lose "Bobbie Brooks Woman" ( from Walmart) or anyother brand that has the size WOMAN attached to it.
I want to be in normal MISSES sizes, and never visit Women's again! I'm getting pretty close, too!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:05

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

I'd love to write a note to Land's End telling them not to send me any more of the Women's 16W to 26W catalogs. I remember being delighted when they started carrying clothing for "larger ladies" since I'd out grown their regular sizes, but now I'll be happier to get back to their regular sizes. Watch out, I'm on my way!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:21

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

I'll be glad to not have to shop in the "Big Men's" section and pay extra for my larger clothes. Does that irk anyone else?? I wonder if anorexic folks get a discount.....
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:45

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:

I still remember the happiness to throw out all of my Cherokees pants, shorts from Target....
Never again....
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:09

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:

I have made my final break from anything with the words "Venezia" or "Lane Bryant" on the tag! Thank goodness!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:16

Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%

I am with Lesle...anything with a W behind was great to get rid of. Just my Size....I can buy regular underwear, regular clothes and I said goodbye to the Jessica London catalog and can actually order from Chadwick's line!
Whoo hoo!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 21:29

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I'm with relliott1: Lane Bryant! The day I walked into Lane Bryant and realized that everything there was too big for me, I nearly cried. I saved one pair of their pants so I'd have something to compare my new and old size, but everything else went to Goodwill. Yay!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:04

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Right, I had a number of Big Dogs clothing too. No more! One thing, it was rather expensive. I also used to shop at Casual Male, a big n' tall store in the US northeast. Even had a Casual Male card, which I ceremonally tore up some months ago. I went there because I could not find my size (pants=48) in regular stores. Now that I wear size 40 (and am on my way to 38!) I can shop wherever I want, and GOODBYE Casual Male!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:33

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

Oh yeah, I've had to shop at Casual Male too. I bought my last pair of pants there a few weeks before I decided to get on Atkins. They were snug when I bought them, now they're loose and well on their way to being taken to Goodwill!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:08
Registered Member

Stats: 260/165/110 Female 5'5"
BF:60/44/20
Progress: 63%

I was shopping a few weeks ago, in the WOMENS section and couldnt find my size (16) and I thought great, now that I'm a 16 I'm not gonna be able to find clothes??? Then I realized..the 16's are in the ladies section! No more lane bryant, cato, fashion bug or any tags with a W! Odd thing is, I needed an outfit for a party and kept thinking..I need to get to Cato or Lane Bryant and buy an outfit, but why??? I CAN SHOP ANYWHERE NOW! What a great feeling!!