Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:58

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default My first post carb-up workout

I did my first post carb loaded workout today. A hard (for me) full body workout with two exercises per body part. All weights were up 20-30%!!!! Really amazing. Across the boards, heaviest ever.
I've never been able to get through a full body workout when lc'ing so this is really unusual.
I finished with 30 minutes of cardio. Now I'm feeling pretty whipped but good.
Ready for a nice lo-carb meal.
Does this sound typical??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 11:40

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Right on! Keep at it!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:14

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Doug, Im going to be doing my first carb loaded workout this afternoon - you've got me excited to start. I think I'll challenge myself and truly raise the bar on the weights!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 17:05

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Too cool, Doug!!! Was it like that from beginning to end? The reason I ask is....

I must've screwed up this weekend somewhere. This weekend was my first carb up, and today was my first (weights) post-carb up workout...and it seemed to start off good and strong, but then I fizzled by the last exercise...I mean, hitting my 10's was TOO easy...and when I left, I could barely lift my arms to push my hair out of my face in the wind.

...this isn't normal, is it?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 17:52

Plan: CKD/Bodyopus
Stats: 290/250/220
BF:(265)34%/29%/15%
Progress: 57%

I only carb up every 2 weeks and my Monday workout after Carbup feels great. Last week I noticed I started fading 8 in outta my 10 rep sets. And this afternoon I was blowin out 10 with at least 10-15lbs more like nothin. Just grabbin the 45's I felt a difference. I'm sure a great deal of it is mental but I just felt pumped today, even more then when I carb up weekly
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 18:32

That's interesting. I may back my carb loading down to one day, but I watch Natrushka, TrainerDan, etc. and they're doing so doggone well, ya know?

I wanna be just like them.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 18:53

BF:

I had another very strong post carb up workout. Several highest evers.
When I pound it that hard I expect to be whipped for the rest of the day, and to have DOMS the following day or two. That's what's happening. I had to take a nap today, something I never do usually.
Muscles feel big.
I did not shoot for a 760g carbup. It's just too much. But I ate whatever I wanted and made sure I had two packs of mentos and several big glasses of Phosphogen (an EAS product made from glucose and creatine)
I just hope I start losing some major fat soon. I've been stalled. I don't want to turn into an incredibly strong muscular fat guy!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 19:04

LOL, Doug!

I was dead tired too today, but not yesterday (which was my official first day off carb up). I hit it pretty hard (for me) as well today and I was pretty fried by that last set or so! I mean FRIED.

I just hope I'm not gaining is all. I screwed up with all the sodium I had today in the frankenfood (Walden Farms FF, LC, SF barbeque sauce) and a diet rite---and that helped NOTHING. And so hungry! Were you hungry after your carb up?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 19:17

BF:

Yep I get hungry. I also get late night hunger on heavy workout days.
Today I'm eating lots of locarb. I'll keep the carbs around 30. But I'm having lots of food to get through it.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 19:22

Okay, I guess I don't feel so weird now. LOL.

But the bloat is really bugging me, so I'm going full speed ahead with pouring the water down my throat----I've gone a little over my 128oz that I usually take in because of all the excess sodium I've had.

I would love to be like Natrushka and come off a carb up 4lbs lighter!