Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 23:21

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Determination not Temptation

Hi folks,

I feel that I am very lucky. I read all around these forums about people being tempted by foods that are not Low Carb. I made a concious decision on Jan 6 2003 that I was going to change my way of life. That meant cutting out cereal, bread, cakes, crisps and sweets and eating Low Carb. I could see myself piling on the pounds but denying that I had a real problem. At Christmas,when I saw my 3 kids having such fun it finally sunk in that this was what was important in my life. If I kept on eating the same amount of junk I wouldn,t be around to see them grow up and have kids of their own. From that day on I can honestly say that I have an enormous amount of determination to succeed. I am the only person in my house doing Atkins, so believe me there are times when chocolate is paraded in front of me. I know that if I cheat I am only cheating myself, so I don't. After my evening dinner I know that I am finished for the night. I used to drink a few pints of beer each night as well. I haven't had one alchohol drink now since I started in January. Thank You to all my friends on this forum, you are my inspiration and you give me so much support. Determination not Temptation.

Regards

Kenny
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 02:05

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Great Attitude

Hi Kenny

Love that attitude. It is making those permanent lifestyle changes that lead to success. They were only talking about that last night on Diet Trials (UK TV programme).

Congratulations to you on coming this far. I must admit that living on my own makes this life style a lot easier for me, but very little temps me now. Never was a great one for alcohol, but will have the very occasional drink.

Keep up the good work and may the pounds continue to come off.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 09:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%

Kenny,
WAY TO GO!!!
You inspire me so much and I love the fact that you are so determined that gives me support everytime I read one of your posts...Have a great day!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 10:29
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

great job kenny! your attitude is amazing. i had one slip with a piece of chocolate cake. since then nothing. i have a carbolite bar in my bedroom i eat two squares before getting on my treadmill at night and i can say im not attempted to eat that bar. one bar lasts me a week. now three months ago i could not have rested if there was a chocolate bar anywhere near my vicinity. i think low carbing is such a shift from any other "diet" any of us have ever been on. You are not hungry. the rationale behind why should i blow my carbs on something unfullfililng when i can have steak or a porkchop is an incredible motivator. anyway i went on too far again....the main point of this post was to say kenny i like your style! way to go.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 12:42
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Kenny,

Congratulations on your success and your positive attitude. I can relate to everything you write. One of the things that keeps me going is wanting to see my kids grow up and my grandchildren be born -- I know I have to get my weight under control so that I will live that long. It is a powerful motivator.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 20:25

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Kenny, you are awesome.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:47

Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

Kenny I'm right there with ya! I don't cheat and really am not tempted to cheat. Once this weight loss became about getting healthier for my kids instead of only for vanity, everything became clear. At this point I feel like I have no option to cheat because it would be risking too much. And, I won't cheat my kids out of a more secure life with me in it.

By the way, I'm the only one eating atkins in my house as well. Not easy but not impossible

so anyway, I just wanted you to know that I understand what you're talking about

Julie Huck
318/264.6/160
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 18:26
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I'm also the only one doing Atkins in my family, but I don't find it a problem. There is usually one dish at dinner that everyone else eats that I avoid (tonight it was baked potato). Sometimes I'll substitute something for whatever everyone else is eating -- like spaghetti squash for spaghetti. Dinner is the only meal we usually eat together, everyone is on their own for breakfast and lunch, so it isn't really a problem for me to be the only one low carbing. I've gotten used to the others eating chocolate and dessert in front of me; it doesn't bother me at all and I'm not tempted by it.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 19:52

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool wonderful

Great post, Kenny! I'm really happy that you're doing so well with your new WOE. Just think how great you'll feel in another 3 months! It truly does get better and better...

Carry on!

Donald
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:39

Plan: SP/Atkins hybrid
Stats: 224/192/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Fabulous attitude, Kenny!!!