Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 06:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/211/185 Male 6
BF:20%
Progress:
Default Greetings from Austin, TX

Howdy Y'all:

I'm new here and new to Atkins, but found this site on a search and decided to stop by, say hello, and stay a while.

It looks like just about everything that could be possibly be said about 'Low-Carbing' has been said in one way or another on this forum, so relaying my experience seems a bit trite.

After being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in 2001, I began a journey of diverse and contradictary diets in order to drop the 30+ pounds my doctor said I should lose.

I had some minor successes and a lot of failures in the past 2 years, but I can now happily report that in a mere 2 weeks on Atkins, I have lost 19 lbs. and I feel really good. Maybe the best I've felt in years.

My blood sugar level has remained below 110 for two weeks and my skin looks healthier. It's strange, because my skin had taken on a waxy look prior to going on Atkins, but now there is renewed color to my skin and an underlaying rosy-ness to my mug. I sure didn't expect this.

Low carb eating is much easier than I thought it would be. Our local chain supermarket sells pre-cooked, seasoned hamburger patties, as well as pre-cooked, seasoned chicken breasts in a bag. This has allowed me to toggle back and forth and not grow weary of just eating one thing. In fact, there's even a health food store nearby that sells to the niche market created by the low carb eaters.

Although my doctor would be happy with a 30 lbs. weight loss, I have decided to make my goal weight the same weight I was at when I graduated from college. At the rate I'm losing, thanks to Atkins and low carbing, I feel confident this will happen.

Anyway, happy holidays to you all and continued success in the year to come!

Regards,

Christopher (AKA, **********)[FONT=Verdana]

Last edited by Rosebud : Fri, Dec-26-03 at 01:47. Reason: Removal of email address. (Against forum rules to post email addresses)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 07:10

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi Christopher. Welcome and merry Christmas! You will find lots of information and support here. This forum has helped me so much. Sounds like you are doing great. We are happy to have you with us!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 11:25

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Welcome to the forum. I loved Austin the 6 mo I lived there. Happy Holidays.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 12:22

Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi Christopher welcome to the forum