Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 09:17

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 225/190/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Struggling

Hi! I discovered the forum on the internet a few weeks ago but never had the courage to log in and be part of it; but I am struggling. My husband and I started the LC Dec 01. We both have lost weight. But now I seem to be struggling. It is such a struggle each day not to eat junk food. I know better and I do know how much better I feel when I eat Low Carb. In fact one of the best things is not having heartburn. But this last week, I had to buy Rolaids. First time in a year.
I recently lost my Mother so I have contributed my feelings of food to that. I am not 100% off LC, and I know you can't eat LC one day and sugar the next. Confuses the body. There are just days when I just say "Why bother."
Wanted to let you know that I log in each morning to read the new threads so that I will encouraged for the day.....

God Bless
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152.5/147.5/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Dear Clown:

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. It is always difficult to focus on any big change in your life when you've had such an emotional blow.

You have already achieved so much -- more than halfway to your goal ! You know you don't want to take too many steps back, but of course it is difficult.

That's what we are here for. This is absolutely the time to ask for our support and allow yourself to lean on us. While I am not in your position (loss of a parent), I'm sure there are plenty of forum members who have who would only be too happy to "hold your hand".

If you do have a bad day, remember, it's only one day out of your whole life. Shake it off and pick right up the next day. Please don't give in and give up. Actually, we won't let you. Promise.

Thinking of you
Gina
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 12:13

Stats: 271.0/245/135
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi
I am so sorry to hear about your mom....my heart goes out to you and your family.......

I am so glad you stopped in and posted here though. This site has been such a blessing to me in so many ways.
I hope you will consider starting a journal as I think you will find it most helpful.
This site is so great and you will find so much great advice and support....
And believe me as everyones experiences are different you and your experiences can help and support others so dont be shy.....get out there and share....
Sometimes it is more motivational and supportive to be able to help others ........

I hope you will stop by my journal soon as I would love to hear how things are going for you.
Congrats on your current weight loss and reaching your halfway mark that is awesome............

Bess
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 14:17

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Dear CLownforlife-

I too lost my mom recently, so I do know how you feel. I often try to think how happy she would be if she knew I was losing weight. This helps me from using food to try to get rid of the pain. I feel she is somewhere rooting for me to be healthy and happy. Bet your mom is too!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:20

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Default Dear Clown4Life

You have my deepest sympathy and hope that you can overcome your grief soon.Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

Glad that you are taking your health into your own hands and not letting society dictate that this is a bad way of eating for you. The main question is how do you feel, and how is it going? There will be times when you get discouraged, but you have to tell yourself "if not for myself...then who?" Make yourself the number 1 priority in this lifetime. You owe yourself "big-time."

This board is a GOD send to every lowcarber here. The people are so friendly and are always willing to give advice and help with the menus too.

If you post what you eat daily, whenever you have a question about why this is happening, the people who drop by your post can offer their suggestions to you and you can decide for yourself if you want to try it their way or stick to your own way. We all know that everyone loses differently, and no two people lose at the same rate, but when you are on this WOL, the main thing is to stay on course.

If you should fall off, and you may (never say never), just start your very next meal lowcarbing again. Don't tell yourself "oh, I fell off so I will start again tomorrow."

WRONG!!! You get right back in that saddle and you ride this Carb addiction with a vengence. Take back the control don't let food control you another day. It all lies within how much you want this for yourself.

Enough of my lecturing, I want you to pull yourself together, because YOU CAN DO THIS , you just have to give it 110%. I know, I been there before and recently restarted the Induction on 3/1/03 and I made a promise to myself that I will do this for me, for health and my peace of mind.

I wish you continued success in this way of life and hope that you will continue this way of eating for the remainder of your life.

I will be keeping an eye on you from time to time and say hello, when I drop by. Trust in yourself... YOU CAN DO THIS... Repeat after me, I CAN DO THIS...I CAN DO THIS...I CAN DO THIS . WAY TO GO!!!!

Have a great lowcarb day and keep reading the posts here, as they are very informative.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never let them see you sweat... and NEVER GIVE UP!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am cheering for you!