Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 220/196/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 30%
Question Firming Lotions

Do firming lotions actually work? I have excessive skin and I would like to try to help it a little. It is amazing what losing over 145 lbs can do to your body. I lost the other weight by having a gastric bypass and lost the rest through diet and low carbing.

Kat

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 21:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey, MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS on losing such a phenomenal amount! I am so happy that LCing helped in losing the last pounds.

Firming lotions are cosmetic and are meant to help with minor wrinkling of skin on the face. I sincerely doubt that they would have any effect on the skin left after your wonderful loss. Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of surgery to remove the excess skin? I believe that some medical plans consider it 'medically necessary' nd not cosmetic. But you'd have to check with your doctor.

After LCing, sometimes the skin retracts and shrinks to a certain extent. BUt it takes time.

I'd say you should save your money. Just open vitamin E capsules and rub onto the skin - it works wonders on stretch marks.

You're wonderful!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 220/196/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 30%

Oh-I know it's not going to take care of major stuff I was just wondering if it might improve the appearance a little.
There are quite a few places that are going to need nips and tucks
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 01:58

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

If you have dimpling or pock marks you may have adhesions. Massage therapy will help with that. I warn you though, it'll hurt! I have a *major* adhesion problem and I can attest to the fact massage helps. I used to have a lot of 'folds' in my back and now they're hardly noticeable, thanks to my MT! (I also have fibromyalgia and I get two hours of massage a week. It has made a real difference in my life)