Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 17:02

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 195/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:30.5
Progress: 56%
Talking christmas victory

Hey everyone...I feel like I have made it over a major obstacle by getting through this tough season. I started this WOE right after thanksgiving, and the whole time have been faced with the constant barrage of sugary treats. I made it through, with only a few slips, and even managed to stay on plan for the most part at my grandparents' carb-laden feast today. Consequently, I feel much better than I usually do this time of year, and smile to myself everytime I hear someone moan "after the first of the year I gotta quit eating all this junk and get healthy" because I am one step ahead of them. Also, my family is being pretty supportive. I usually get a stocking full of candy, but this year my stocking had two boxes of smoked salmon and a ruby tuesday's gift certificate(low carb menu), and some bath stuff, etc. I will get much more enjoyment out of these things that I ever did idly munching on chocolate santas or candy canes. Most people gain weight at this time of year, I have lost over 10 pounds! I am very proud of myself. If anyone else wants to brag of similar victory please post here!

Last edited by dewsetter : Thu, Dec-25-03 at 17:07.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 17:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/192/145 Female 5 ft. 2.5 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

I'm happy for you dewsetter and for me too! I also was able to avoid all the goodies this Holiday Season!! It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. This truly is a great WOE. This has to be the first time in my life I didn't gain weight during the Holiday Season. Keep up the good work everybody and Thanks for all the support!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 18:11

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Merry Christmas, and you can count me in among the ones who have lost over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. Turkey and green beans were my Christmas dinner, while H, who is also LC'ing, indulged in everything, and I mean everything. And, boy is he suffering now! But I warned him he could possibly experience some nasty side effects from the carb overload but he wanted his "traditional" Christmas dinner. He told me to get rid of it all, he never wants to see it again!

Great going and stick to it for the next week, and you are over the big hump! Happy New Year!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 18:12

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I began the day after Thanksgiving last year. I also lost about 10 lbs.or so by Xmas and I even had some slips. I felt that if I were serious about my New Year's resolution, I better give myself a headstart.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 19:46

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Hey I've lost 10 pounds in the past month...lol I admit that today I probably ate 100+ carbs overall...maybe 70 Net, but it wasnt that outrageous..I feel proud of myself because of the zillions of things I would have shovelled in additionally in past years...besides I have lost 48 pounds in just over 4 months....Merry Christmas to me
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 20:44

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Congratulations everyone I also skipped all of the usual fixings this year and I didn't really miss it. Well, I guess I miss the stuffing I've always loved stuffing. My dinner tonight ended up being 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of turkey and a few black olives The rest was sweet potato, mashed potato, stuffing and peas. BUT, I had 2 pieces of the LC cheesecake that I brought . I also had a few slices of cheese before dinner and some nuts, so I definitely wasn't hungry.
Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Alli
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 21:14

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well done everyone! I too made it through the holiday's without straying from the path. My one indulgence has been a SF (sweetened with SAs) choolate ice cream I found here in Toronto - had a 1/4 cup yesterday & today. If anything, my carbs, fat & calories have all been too low the past few days, since I've been mainly eating turkey & ham Didn't even miss the usual carby sides (though the gravy was a bit tempting... forgot my xanthum gum in BC so I was gravy-less this year )

Dewsetter - it sounds like your family is really supportive - the Ruby Tuesday's gift certificate instead of the chocolate was a great idea!!! Hope you enjoy it!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Wynter
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 21:35

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I stayed within my carb limit. I did have two of the pumpkin walnut bars but the were with in my limit. I made a curstless quich for brunch, along with a big salad. We were at my SIL's. So everything I brought for the day had to be portable. Dinner was traditional, but with the wide variety, easy to eat carefully. I brought the pumpkin walnut bars. I got the recipe on this site. They ended up being finished off before the pumpkin and apple pies.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 17:26
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

I also had a small loss. Down 1 pound over Christmas. Did sample (i said sample) a few things, but nothing like I did last year. Pretty darn proud of myself as I am with the rest of you.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 17:36

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

I stuck with the prime rib, salad and picked my veggies out of the mixed veggies very carefully. I took an LC pumpkin cheesecake so it would be available if I wanted desert. I didn't. That prime rib really filled me up. I had snacked on some black olives, celery and a little cheese during the morning, but I stayed right within what was good for this WOL. Well, I did have waaaayy to many calories, that prime rib was good and I overindulged in it.

BTW, everyone else had the baked potatoes and regular pie then sat down & promptly fell asleep groaning about their tummies.

I'm a very slow loser, but what I have lost was just enough of a boost to keep me from jumping overboard this holiday season.

shortstuff
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 18:26

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:

I started Dec. 1st and questioned myself about starting during the holiday season. Well, I'm down 12 lbs at last count. I haven't cheated/strayed off plan a single time since starting.

For Christmas dinners (2) I made stuffing with LC bread and then I also made some sf truffles for a 'sweet fix' if I was feeling the need and everybody else was indulging. Loads of veggies, turkey, ham, gravy (just the juices and seasoning--no thickener) and my lc stuffing! Perfect!

Funny how everybody else was wandering around and laying about groaning about needing a nap and I felt full of energy!

My DH bought me a box of sf chocolates and a digital scale for Christmas instead of the usual candy/chocolates he'd give. Love ya, hon!!

Nicole
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 19:26

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/208.6/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Really/effing/high
Progress: 19%

Although I "cheated" during the 23rd-25th (planned) I'm quite proud of the fact that I gave the box of Turtles I received from a client to my sister (I love Turtles...).
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 15:48

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Congratulations!!! I know this time of year is soooo tough!! I opted to begin this WOE on New Years Day because I wasn't sure if I could make it through the holidays if I were just starting out but I am glad to know that it is possible!!! Good Work!!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 05:30

Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Finally found this thread...

I was looking for a thread where I could say how proud I was of myself (being the typical binge disorder girl) because I kept cheatfree during the holidays.

So, first, congratulations to you all for keeping on track and supercongratulations to me for the same. I spent 3 days at my ML's home, with DH and our 3 kids, and while they were enjoying the marvels of German food I managed to keep myself following my Atkins by the book. Even when I had a morning several berliners under my nose (they are like donuts without hole, filled with jam), or Saturday evening when after a very high carb dinner mama gave them all ice cream and pudding to chose... and like that the whole time... and having mama telling me that a low caloric diet could help me as much as Atkins and blablabla... she's 74, and has managed to keep a healthy weigh all her life following low caloric, low fat eating.

Anyway, having brought my own super tasty low carb special meals helped me a lot. And even mama loved those meals, of course adding potatoes, and other things next to it