Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: no specific
Stats: 202/186/126 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default i ruined my diet - what should i expect?

i went away for 4 days and i was doing soooooo well for 2 days then yesterday (day 3) i was doing well then came the evening. here is what i had,...

a number of penny sweets
a cadburys twirl
a number of prawn crackers
2 dim sums
most of one spring roll (i begun to feel rather sick at this point...)
then the main course - i had thai green curry and some rice but not much at all really because of the feeling sick.
however then...
a number of glasses of wine
2 pieces of bread and humous
a mini one scoop type tub of ice cream
one butterscotch biscuit

basically...what kind of effect will this have on my body? like i was hoping it would have some kind of shock effect and my body would be like whoa and burn everything off quickly? today (day4) i strictly went back on my diet (which is pretty much induction - which is what ive been doing for about 4 weeks)

i tried weighing myself at my friends house i was staying at but theyre cheap ones and i weighed myself all over the house and i got different results each time lol.

i prob will weigh myself tomorrow (now im home) so ill have an idea of whats happenjed but becasue of it might not being accurate still id still like an idea of how my body would have reacted.

thanks,

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

I'm not sure how your body will react, but I can tell you what I would probably experience. I would probably have about 4lbs. water weight gain which would take about a week to go away, as long as I went back to induction level carbs and made sure I got my water in. I would also have to be careful that I really got back to Atkins in a committed way, just in case any cravings got started again. But, your body may have an entirely different response!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 16:46
Registered Member

BF:

im gona feel worse to because ive started my period so retaining water for that reason anyway!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 17:21

Plan: No grains, no sugar.
Stats: 001/045/525 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 8%

You didn't ruin anything; you had a bad day. Tomorrow will be a better one. And the day after.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 06:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

I agree with KwickDriver- nothing is ruined! I try to look at every slip as a "learning opportunity"! I know for me, if I go away, I need to do various things to keep me from slipping. I bring LC stuff with me so I don't get hungry, I bring some LC treat with me so I don't feel deprived, things like that, that I've learned from experience are my particular tactics for keeping myself on track. I'll bet you can now probably think of a few tricks that you could use that will help you out if you are in a similar situation again. You already did the best tactic- you didn't let a bad day derail you , and you got right back on the track again- great job!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 08:44
Registered Member

BF:

well i weighed 5lb extra! but i have definatly learned from my mistakes! when i went to bed that night i felt sooooo sick! (not just because of the wine) next time im gonna take a supply of low carb rolos! i dont eat things with polyols in because i dont trust them but its better than actual carbs!

how come i weigh 5lb extra when i didnt even eat 5lb in weight of food?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 190/156/135 Female 5feet 2 inches
BF:J-E/L-L/O
Progress: 62%

That will probably be mostly water weight- the glucose your body produced from those carbs holds like 4 molecules of water or something. Don't worry- as the extra glucose goes, so does the extra water!
Good job getting back on track right away- don't let one slip trip you up!
-Liese
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 02:49

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

the past is gone, just have to do better today
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 11:18
Registered Member

BF:

thanks

well today i was back to 12st 12lb so lost the 5lb so yay!

i wasnt doing as well on my diet as i thought i was when i went away though. my friends had bolognaise on the first night and i had it without spagetti and i just found out how many carbs in tomato puree and stuff (im only doing inductionish)

but ive been very strict since getting back and exercising loads and a pair of my jeans that didnt fit now fit it was a happy day today! except then my bag got stolen! with my phone mp3 player and monthly travel card!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 11:01
Registered Member

Plan: s.beach/low fat/low carb
Stats: 140/120/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

No big deal!!!! You have to have a couple cheat days if you will ever survive! Even supermodel's pig out every once in a while, But then they also puke it up,JK