Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 05:57

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Wednesday, Feb. 18

Morning! Back in a flash!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:03

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yesterday was pretty good for me:

Calories: 1660 goal: 1500 - 1600 (Fitday says 1672 to meet my goal)
Fat: 107 grams (57%) goal: 70%
Carbs/ECC: 16/13 grams (4%) goal: 5%
Protein: 146 grams (37%) goal: 25%
Alcohol: 0 grams (0%) goal: 3 - 4 glasses per week
Water: 80 ounces (26%) goal: 64 ounces

A little low on the fat and a little high on the protein, due mostly to the huge steak I had for dinner last night. DH has had an horrific toothache on and off for several weeks now. Dentist? Real men don't see dentists!

So, although I had thawed out two nice Porterhouse steaks (one much larger than the other, for him) he ended up with Mac and Cheese. The smaller steak I had just bought, and the larger steak I had bought on sale on the last day it could be sold, froze it, and then had it thawed for a couple days already, so I felt I had to cook that one up. Whatever.

I already have today's food planned out, and the numbers are more in line with my goals.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm in the office today and might not be able to check in much (or at all).

Remember:
  1. Make good food choices.
  2. Get some exercise.
  3. Give support to others.
  4. Accept support from others.
  5. Give yourself some support!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 06:05.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:28

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning-not feeling very well here. Too much cream as a treat last night and it all came up about 1 am. Will definately not do that again. I have been typing in my next days menu on fitday and have found that it is a great tool to be able to add or delete items to fit where I want to be-then I am prepared for the next day. Really helps when chasing 6 kids around.
Oldest daughter (18) told me last night that she is moving in with fiance. This does NOT make us happy at all so major stress
My babysitter made me smile yesterday-she is a lovely woman but could stand to lose quite a few pounds. She commented on my weightloss and high energy yesterday and for the first time is willing to read my books.
Well, time to go start the day-DH is great at following WOE as long as I do the cooking
Have a wonderful day!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:31

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was good yesterday - finally got my fiber above 25 gms. High protein amount was intentional - to compensate for low protein on Monday and give muscles needed fuel to rebuild after Monday's hike. Carbs were higher than normal - also intentional - ketosis was climbing toward dangerous range for me - back to light this AM. I'm down another half pound this AM - 174.5 lbs.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Calories per pound 1552 / 175 = 8.89 (have been aiming for around 9 to 10 - may drop this to 8 to 9.5 given this week's results)

Total calories: 1552
Fat: 66 gms 598 cal 41%
Sat: 15 gms 136 cal 9%
Poly: 30 gms 274 cal 19%
Mono: 18 gms 161 cal 11%
Carbs: 78 gms 193 cal 13% ECC: 48 gms
Fiber: 30 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 169 gms 678 cal 46%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
30 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free orange gelatine with 1 scoop citrucel

Snack:
1 scoop whey protein powder with 2 ozs half & half and water

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 T french onion dip

Snack:
.5 cup dry roasted soybeans (lightly salted)

Dinner: (Hubby worked late and I wanted to try the flaxseed cereal)
1/3 cup whole flaxseeds, cooked until soft - 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder & liquid sweetener to taste
1/2 can asparagus
1/2 can sliced carrots

About 100 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 07:49

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

I AM 1 lb down since last week. Yippee Weighed again at work today with scale in my usual place on the floor amd verified yesterday's noon number.

Bfast has been 1/2 cup cottage cheese with half serving of Grams Gourmet Flax and Nuts (serving is 1/3 cup, I've been having half of that). Not bad. Nice to have crunch in the morning.Morning snack is an Atkins bagel with cream cheese. Lunch today is 5/5 oz ground sirloin cheeseburger with salad, a little yogurt and frozen blueberries. I found these Pria Carbselect bars I like as a mid PM snack. They really cut the hunger. So my cals thru my PM snack are around 1110. I set my Fitday option to 2031 even thought it's default for me is higher. This is in line with Orang's 9-10 x weight (229 lbs-2061 to 2290). Orang, would you eat higher than the 2031??

Total for me since starting the group challenge is 3 lbs, so that's in a month since we started the challenge on Jan 20th. I think I've lost some more inches than lbs, I will measure this weekend.But at least it has stayed off. I probably hold a lot of water since I eat dairy.

PS, forgot to add I did 15 min of bicep and tricep training this AM before bfast and 10 minutes of stretching. Goal is to do 1/2 hr of WATP tonight.

Hi eightc, hope you are feeling better.

Elaine

Last edited by ewinpa : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 08:00.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:38

Plan: Basic Lo Carb
Stats: 270/236/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 34%

My count was high yesterday..my carbs were good though just overdid it on some meatballs at dinner and felt miserable the rest of the night. A huge lesson learned. I did get some SF jello and whipped cream and LOVE it. It's nice to have something sweet tasting and cool at the end of the eating day. I know it's going to take some time to get the right combinations to get my count right so I'll consider yesterday a good day with some lessons learned. Today will be better!

Yesterdays count
Cals~2032
Fat~142
Carbs-fiber~23
Protien~155

Do you guys have a suggestion for a bar or shake to have before working out? Before this WOE I always had a protien bar and it really gave me the energy boost to shake up my workouts. DH and I are back to the gym tonight and I don't know what to get. I saw those slimfast LC shakes..any suggestions as to what to get? I always consider it an afternoon snack and eat it right before going to the gym. (we go 3 days a week)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:40

BF:

Congrats on the loss Elaine!! I was up a pound this morning but that's normal for this time of the month (it's usually 4-5 lbs).

How are you feeling this morning Ellie? I was a little nauseous this morning when I got up but feeling better now, just SO tired. Normal I suppose at this stage of the game
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everyone!!!

the scale was down this morning. let the roller coaster ride begin. up and down, up and down!! one of these days it will go down and STAY!!

i am amazed at how much more in tune i am with my body then before LC. before i started watching what i ate i didn't have a clue. now, i can tell when i have had too many carbs, too much sugar alcohol, not enough calories, and when i am in ketosis, too much caffeine, not enough.... all by how i feel and the different "symptoms" i get.

meg--sometimes i feel like a mini meal before i work out, sometimes not. usually if i go first thing in the morning i go on a empty stomach. when i do my night step class, i usually have a snack about 1 hr before i go. sometimes it is a bar or shake, recently i have been trying to cut out some of the "fake" foods and have been haveing some meat (beef jerky, leftover dinner), nuts, or fruit with cheese. when i do have a bar i find the less "candybar like" it is the more filling it seems, i used to eat power bars frequently before lc and tried the new lc version, pria i think, it is too much like a candy bar for me with all the gooey stuff on it. as far as shakes go, i drink the ones i can stomach, i have not noticed much in the way the different ones make me feel, but there sure is a variety of tastes. the one thing i did notice is that the designer whey protein powder has something in it that acts like caffeine for me so i try not to drink those too late in the day.

Unity--
Quote:
Hey I've started it before...I just do it before I go to bed ..LOL..you all are getting up when I'm going to bed...I sometimes work untill 3am PST so...
ahhh...so that is how us westcoasters get to start this thread!!!

big hello to those who haven't checked in yet..

Last edited by acipenser : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 11:13.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:16

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning

Still feeling slightly nausiated and also ate less this am as my appetite is down.

Yesterday's menu

B - 2 eggs over hard cooked a small pat of butter, 3 oz lean ham, 16 oz coffee w/H&H splenda (didn't eat all of it)

L - 1 string cheese, 1 baked chicken thigh w/skin, 1 cup mixed greens w/2 TBS lite balsamic dressing - 1 liter flavored water

S - 1 HB egg - diet pepsi

S - (before gym) 1 HB egg mashed w/ 1.5 tsp carb options miricle whip

D - (didn't eat until after 8) 5-6 chili lime chicken wings, 1.5 cups mixed greens w/2 TSB lite Ranch dressing

Dessert - SF strawberry jello w/ whipped cream

I went the gym last night and pulled out 30 minutes on an elliptical machine. It was different than the one I normally use, no arms but alot more cardio intense, felt like I was running a marathon. Truly cannot believe I lasted 30 minutes Then DH & I did the Ti Che class, it was ok but disappointing. We are going to try yoga tonight

OK....How silly am I?? I pulled out those stupid strips last night...always had issues with them.....and got upset that nothing registered. Barely trace ketones...why do I do this to myself? Just once I would love to turn that sucker black I know I am in ketosis, don't understand why I seem to need validation from a strip that you pee on

Meg - Thank you for asking how I am feeling I am still have bathroom issues, wondering if maybe I have a little bug. The only bar I will eat is Carbwise Bars, the peanut ones ROCK!! I don't have issues with them and often eat a 1/2 bar before the gym. The are rather big and filling so 1/2 bar is usually enough. I am not experiencing the tired feeling this time but I think it is because my body is already accustomed to low carb. Don't worry, your energy will pick up in a few days

acipenser - WTG on the loss!!! Try the Carbwise bars, they are not at all like a candybar and actually taste good. Atleast the peanut ones do. I often eat a carton of yogurt before the gym.

Elaine - WTG

Eight - Hope you are feeling better

Orang - How was the flaxseed cereal?

I just got off the phone with my Dad, the autopsy was done and she died from a large blood clot to the heart. She has broken her ankle last year, I believe had pins put in. They think that when she threw up it dislodged the clot and went straight to her heart, she was gone before she hit the floor. My Dad is feeling a little better, I think he felt guilty, like he could have done more to save her. Now he can have some closure.

Last edited by Chamellie : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 11:18.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:28

BF:

Hi Ellie. Think you caught a stomach virus? Hope you are feeling a little better as the day goes on.

My Mom died the same way as your stepmom. She died in her sleep from a bloodclot. Apparently, she had been having circulation problems.She had developed adult onset diabetes , which is one of the reasons I get my bloodwork done every 6 months.Maybe now your Dad will be able to start moving ahead a little.

I like that Pria Carbselect bar I found at Trader Joes. I have to be careful with soy and that one has soy way farther down on the list of ingredients.Designer Whey also has new bars out. That's why I like one around 3 in the aft so that by the time I get home to workout around 5:15 I am not famished.

Acipenser, you and I should open an amusement park. We could BUILD that coaster
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:50

BF:

Ok I have absolutly hit the totally not hungry tired phase of "induction". I have NO energy and I just realized it's almost 1 pm and I haven't eaten since breakfast!!! This day is dragging on it seems. I know this no energy thing is temporary but I cannot WAIT to feel some energy come back!!! Is it bedtime yet?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:59
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI all..

You guys are doing fabulous! I love reading about whats going on in your lives!

Pria- I have tried 2 of them that I bought at Walmart, and I didnt like the taste of either one..tasted 'stale' to me..and maybe in fact they were.. LOL!

Im feeling like I could eat a cow today... bleh! And its not that I am hungry... so I know its emotional..probably because I need to sit and really journal about things that came up in the meeing last nite that I went to... and I just dont feel like it!

LOL~ real men dont see dentists! So my hubby says.. I replied::: well then the real man that lives in this house isnt going to kiss me until he does! :::: LOL
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:07

BF:

Dawn, there's a Pria Bar and a Pria CarbSelect. The original Prias are ones people on WW like because they are only 2 points.They are so-so. I like the Carb Select peanut butter caramel nut.
( I am coming back as peanut butter in my next life )
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:08

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%
Talking

i just got a complement at work. one of the guys i work with noticed a picture of me from a couple of years ago. he came into my cube and said, "let me see you face". then "wow, can i ask how much you dropped?".

see, it IS noticeable, just takes about 50lbs and for somebody to see a 'before' picture. (not to mention i work with mostly men; notorious for not noticing stuff)

made my day!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:26

BF:

Isn't it amazing how you feel after a compliment?? We play cards with 2 other couples once or twice a month and when I first started losing back in Sept my girlfriends husband was saying something and I didn't hear him and he said get your skinny butt over here...I was beaming all night long after that! I love this man like he is my own brother but he is oblivious to most things around him (in other words he's totally male ) so this made me feel really good. Hopefully this stall I'm in is over and they will start rolling in again.

Congrats to you!!!