Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 07:51

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Am I 20 lbs. overweight? Should I change goal weight?

When I started Atkins in October, I weighed 196.5 pounds. According to the scale this morning, I weigh 160.5. I am 5’ 4” with a medium to large frame upper body and a large frame lower body, long legs and a short torso. (Yes, I have the dreaded pear shape.) My beginning measurements were 42-38-50; now they are 40-33-43. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 in jeans.

Here is my quandary: I originally set my goal weight at 140. I’ve been overweight since I was about seven, so that goal was based on the charts, not on personal experience. Now that I am 20.5 pounds from goal, though, it looks to me like I am still carrying more excess fat than that. Don’t get me wrong; I can see how much better I look in the mirror. (I am actually entertaining the idea of getting a swimsuit this summer.) But looking at my thighs, etc., makes me think that I may need to lose more than 20 pounds.

Actually, I don’t care how much I weigh, really, as long as I can make it to a size 10 (or even 8!). I guess I’m just trying to figure out what weight would correlate with those sizes on my frame.

For those of you out there who made it to goal weight/size, how did you think you looked at 20 pounds over goal? What does 20 pounds overweight (especially on a bottom-heavy woman’s frame) look like? Do I just think I am fatter than I really am?
Sponsored Links