Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 06:14

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default PROTEIN POWER PALS -- Friday

Just starting things out.

Ellie, I'll post those sites a bit later. Only have a second right now.

Have a great day!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 06:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

BOY!!!! & I thought I did hit-and-run posting!!!LOL
Good Morning Everyone!
gettin back to "normal'(such as it is) today,,Breakfast was tuna slad & some protein shake!
Hope everyone has a great LC day!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 06:52

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Morning all!!

I got this on one of my email lists.....Blimpie is rolling out a LC menu You may already know, but I will post it anyways:

http://www.blimpie.com/framesets/sfs_bcc_spotlight.htm

Have a good day all!

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 07:27

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi! everyone's an earlybird this morning! I just thought I would pop in and say Hello before taking my ds into school!
I will try to get back to you all later on! (if we are not out fencing all day!)

Glad to hear that you are better Rob!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 07:54

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm up - actually have been since my usually 4:30 AM - just very busy today and out of town tomorrow.

Gabriel darn near froze her wings off last night and two tiny shepards took cover undernear her robes.... and then started scuffling Gabriel was pretty close to wanting to bind those tiny shepard in more than her love. Jesus was about 2 yo by the time the wise men got there... our toddler Jesus felt the call of nature and peed on one of the hay bales during the fifth scene -- ahh - gotta love the stuff that happens with little ones in a live nativity. I'll let you know if we hav more fun tonight.

I've got to wrap a bunch of stuff for tomorrow for the grandkids under 12, go to the bank to get money for the grandkids 12 to 16 and write checks for grandkids who are 16 and up. Yes, we have a system -- whit this many grandkids / great-grandkids, we have to.

My eating was fairly good yesterday - gave into a craving for nuts - 1.5 ozs - and had breaded fried okra at dinner -- was still under 50 gms carbs. I'm doing better with being able to eat normally and drink normal amounts -- still can't drink more than 12 ozs in an hour, but that's better than the 6 ozs I could drink last week.

Editted to say Robin: (sorry about that)
Thanks for the Blimpie reminder - I think I will look up locations along the interstate for stopping while travelling tomorrow and give them a try -- the durango sandwich sounds interesting.

Oh - I wish I had the time to do a PhotoShop jury of the PP Pals with judge Yeti presiding, of course

Last edited by Orang : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 09:09.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 08:10

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi you early birds!
Orang, I had no idea what you were talking about until I realized it was a nativity scene
I think it was Robin that sent the Blimpie link.

Yesterday was not a good food day, had a burger and fries since I was in training but haven't had that in a long time so enjoyed it! I am doing a protein day today to get all that good stuff out of the conduit, haha. Weight is a pound up but I'd expect that after yesterday; I usually bloat up from potatoes. I only had around 8 of them, so I wasn't too bad.

Lissette, you're going to be a grandmom? Wow, wish I had a grandmom who hunts and rounds up cattle! (And belly dances, heehee)

Just got back from the new low carb store that opened near work. Really nice people running it. They also know the Steele family and will be using their store to give out samples of new products, etc. He asked me about prices for Davinci and I told him I paid 8.99 on Netrition, he put that in as the price on his computer system. I bought Atkins bagels!! Cheaper than on the Atkins site and no shipping. He was still setting up but he has a ton of stuff. Tasted that Carb dairy drink-it tastes like milk!He himself lost weight on Atkins but knows there are all kinds of plans. Very open minded guy.

Last edited by ewinpa : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 11:39.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 11:43

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi! I am back from choring!

It is cold here, but NO WIND! So it is pretty bearable with my brown coveralls!

Elaine, I thought that the cow avatar was fitting also!HA And JUST because I am a Grannie doesn't mean I have to act like one!You are to funny Elaine! I had always told my dh when I get old it will not matter if I get fat, I will be a jolly grandma!HA but it still matters, I will fight aging, and fat until the day I go out! Besides 80% of my motivation is health and keeping fit! Oh and speaking of your burger and fries incident, atleast it was good and you enjoyed it! It is disappointing if you eat something not on our plans and it is not what we had built it up to be! I am trying to deal with all of the stress thrown up here lately, our dh well she is a lovely girl, but unmotivated so all of the planning and work will NOT be done by her!
That is great to hear of the new lc store, it makes it more convinient~!

Also our wonderfull trip that we had planned is cut short (since she can't handle us being gone) BUT atleast i will have a couple days with my family! I have to look what is good or go crazy with the bad things!

Orang, So are you having a better hair day, or should I get the horse clippers out????
That is hilarious about the nativity scene,Kids are a riot to watch! I mortally embarrased my folks the time I played Mary. I was a tomboy and would not let ANY boy tell me what to do, WEll I had decided that when one of the special songs was played I would pick up the Dolly (baby Jesus) and hold it tenderly.AWWWWW, Well Joseph had different ideas and thought the doll should stay put, and being slightly stubborn I would NOT give in, So Mary and Joseph had a tug of war with the poor baby Jesus! The head was all but off when the director intervended! Needless to say We do still have a chuckle over the years although at the time my folks were not to amused!
We do alot of checks at Christmas also, when the kids get to that certain age, unless they want something specific we just give them money.

I need to get lunch going. Hello to everyone! maybe if I can I will sneak back on and write more later!

Last edited by Lissette : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 11:45.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 14:52

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Just have a minute for a quick post. Just found out that a bunch of our guys are going back to Iraq Just doesn't seem fair, they were there for 7-8 months the first time.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 20:12

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Gabriel here - shivering again.

I will be in town tomorrow after all - about half the grandkids have viruses / the flu... we're not about to get them together to give what they have to each other.

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast -
omelet - 4 egg beaters, 2 oz lean ham, 1 oz cheddar
12 oz coffee
drink - 4 oz sf gelatine, .75 TBS sf pysillum hulks

snack -
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Lunch -
1 can of tuna with tbs french onion dip

snack -
1.5 oz mixed nuts - no peanuts

Dinner -
6 oz pork chops
1 cup brocolli with 1/2 oz velveeeta and tbs half & half
1/2 cup okra - breaded and fried

Not entered in FitDay - too busy today.

Ellie:
Sorry to hear the guys are going back to Iraq.

Shelley
Maybe you could loan me a cow as a hairdresser -- couldn't be too much worse than some I've had.

Congrats on the soon-to-be grandchild. Know you are less than thrilled by the circumstances -- I've been there The grandbaby will make you forget it all {well, most of it }

Funny you should mention a fight over baby jesus - the infant playing Him is the younger brother of a child playing a sheep. One of the other sheep went to pet the baby's head and the older brother knocked her halfway out of the stable and yelled "mine".

Elaine,
Great re: new store.

Sorry to hear you didn't eat well - just get back on track.

Rob:
Glad you are feling better

Bawdy:
Hope you'll have time to post soon.

Wendy:
Come off cloud nine long enough to say Hi.

Marnie
Hope your computer is still doing well.

Karen, Kristine, Black57, Dreamer - we miss y'all. Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Last edited by Orang : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 20:15.