Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 04:51

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Wednesday - December 3

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread. All whe are using, considering or would like more information about the PP WOE are welcome to join in.

Last edited by Orang : Wed, Dec-03-03 at 04:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 06:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Morning Everyone!!
just stopping in on my way to work, & saw that Orang had already started the thread!!

Back later
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 07:12

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Yeti sighting!!! Yeti sighting!! A Christmas Yeti has appeared!!! Nice pix!

Down .5 lbs today so that is a total of 3 since Saturday.Wound up having a half of an apple with some SF PB last night, that brought me to about 1150 cal. I seem to like being between 1100-1200, doesn't make me feel like I am on a deprivation diet.

Hi Orang, how are you feeling, other than feisty?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 07:26

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Good for you, Elaine! After the Thanksgiving weekend, I had crept back up to 168 (I admitted being a couple pounds higher, but somehow "a couple pounds" sounds better than 3 pounds). Anyway, I didn't weigh myself yesterday, but this morning I'm soundly at 165 again.

Today is my second LFL weight-loss day, Yesterday I felt like I was eating or drinking constantly. Today I'm at work, so I'm not sure how all that eating will fit in. At least I don't have any meetings scheduled. Next week I have meetings almost every day, and Tuesday and Wednesday are almost all-day meetings. I might just have to take frequent "bathroom" breaks and instead sneak out to eat something!

Have a good day, all! Rob, can I look forward to you sliding down my chimney on Christmas Eve? I'll be wearing that outfit you like so much!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 08:19

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI! It looks like it is going to be a Yeti-Christmas!Ha (love the hat Rob!)

Yesterday was another eat everything that is not nailed down day. , I have really got to get settled down again, back on track today, I am writing down and keeping track of everything, yesterday was a crazy-hectic day, with my dh and ds I had to take to the dentist,they both did pretty good, (My ds has sensory issues which makes this difficult for him!) We had to go to the big city so that ment school work at home ect.. I do not know if the action-packed day lead to wanting to eat so much or what???

Well My dh is gone helping the neighbors so I better go and get the chores done!

See you all later!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:49
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Nice to see you again, Karen. Do you own a restaurant? Eggnog Tiramisu sounds wonderful. Care to share the recipe?
No, not an owner. I'm the executive chef in a large, Vancouver restaurant. The restaurant details are in my sig line.

For the tiramisu, I use this recipe Low-Carb Tiramisu and add nutmeg, more sweetener and rum extract to the filling for that special, fake, egg nog-y taste. It's a fab, Christmas dessert.

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 11:43

BF:

Karen, I should have thought to look at your signature and profile for the restaurant details. I knew you were the mastermind behind a lot of the recipes on the board. Yesterday I was bored so I went poking around the recipe forums and found the recipe for tiramisu and wondered if you did a variation on this. It did sound awfully good. We have a pot luck coming up next week at work, and I wanted to make something sinfully tasty, yet low-carb, to show everyone what great choices you have on this WOL.

Lissette, I'm sure the hectic day led to the out-of-control eating. Stress has a way of doing that. Either you eat nothing or you eat anything that's not nailed down.

See ya all later!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 13:52

BF:

Thanks Bawdy, I just wish that I was one of those people that would NOT want to eat! My BF is like that, She is naturally slender to begin with anyway! So far today has been better, the chores went well and since my dh is gone for the day I have already put some miles on the treadmill and plan on putting in a couple more tonight! I have have had some sf yogurt, a cup of carb count down milk, and some cottage cheese! And best of all I am very full today!

Karen, your recipes sound wonderfull, i am going to do more lc recipe cruising!

Elaine, on the continued loss!! And just think alittle while ago Baby did a BAD thing!

Orang, wow you were up early today, are you out hiking again??

The laundry calls so I have to go!

HELLO to Wendy,Ellie,Rob,Marnie,Dreamer,Black,Robin(planning ahead has really helped me!) and to everyone else!

Last edited by Lissette : Wed, Dec-03-03 at 13:53.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 18:07

BF:

Day 2 of Lean for Life weight-loss menus.

Breakfast: protein powder shake, 1/4 cup half-and-half, 1/2 cup grapefruit sections
Snack: 6 ounces plain non-fat yogurt
Lunch: 2 cups spinach, 3 ounces turkey breast, 2 Tbsp fat-free no-carb dressing, 1/2 cup beets, 2/3 cup blackberries
Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Dinner: 4 ounces steak, 1 cup green beans, 1 pat butter, 2 cups spinach, 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing (full fat), 1/2 apple
Snack: eggnog (Eggbeaters, half-and-half, water, Splenda, nutmeg)

I plan to have the "eggnog" later this evening and don't know the counts yet because I've never made it before. Ideas?

So, without the eggnog, my counts are:
calories: 1068
fat: 38 grams (35%)
ECC: 55 grams (22%) WOW!
protein: 105 grams (43%)

I'm a little nervous with the higher carb count, but then again so was Wendy at this point and we all know that she had amazing success with this. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow morning. With Lean for Life, you're supposed to weigh yourself every day. We'll see how long I can keep that up without going crazy!

THE BOWFLEX ARRIVED TODAY!

Good thing we live way out in the boonies because they just left the three huge boxes on the front porch. Also a good thing it's not raining today, and also a good thing DH is coming home tonight. There's no way I could lift even the smallest box. It's not that it's so heavy, but it's awkward -- about 4 feet long, and 18 inches square on the ends.

Lissette, how's that "count down carb" milk? Our grocery store is carrying it, but I've never been much of a milk drinker (except when I used to eat cereal and cake and cookies every day). I'll bet it would be good in the eggnog I want to make.

What do you think about this combination: 1/4 cup Eggbeaters (equivalent of 1 egg), 1/4 cup half-and-half, 1/4 cup water, Splenda to taste, and a sprinkle of nutmeg on the top. (When I slip in the dark rum, everyone turn their heads, please!) I guess I could try that and see what it needs. Think maybe it could use a hint of vanilla extract?

Every time someone posts that cottage cheese chocolate pudding recipe from Yeti Claus, I want to try it. I might slip out to Wally World tomorrow (haven't been there in months) and buy one of those immersion blenders. Someone at work today was also talking about how much better her morning coffee tastes when she puts the tap (well) water into a Britta water filter carafe first. We also have well water, but there's no weird taste or anything. Even the city folk who come visit have been pleasantly surprised that our water is so good. Anyone have experience with these carafes?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 18:28

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, I had the Yeti Mousse for dinner-that is great! I actually had to tweak it because I didn't have choc protein powder so I used vanilla and added a no carb cocoa (Wondercocoa) and used yogurt instead of kefir. The whole thing came to 212 cal (I made half of Rob's recipe) and boy that was a lot of food! I am hooked. Also,I use my Braun Wand blender all the time, I love that thing and you can put the mixer part in the dishwasher.

That brought my total for the day to 1218 but I also did another 1/2 hr 2 mile WATP tape so I earned it, May not lose tomorrow but I feel very full and happy I notice my energy level is back up. The only thing I want to make sure is that I get enough fat and don't go through that losing-my-hair-thing that I had when I was on WW.I use full fat cottage cheese and lowfat yogurt so that's why my totals might be a little higher.Might take me longer to lose but it's a tradeoff.

Let us know how your DH likes the Bowflex. If I lived near you I'd pay you for a gym membership!

And enjoy your eggnog, especially the 'nog' part
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 18:40

BF:

Sudden thought . . . Think Yeti Claus has a sleigh pulled by Mousse rather than reindeer?

OK, that was a bit of a stretch, but it's the most exercise I've had in days!

Elaine, thanks for the recommendation. I recently bought my first toaster oven and I use it all the time (steaks and such).

Also, I just noticed that I bought full-fat cottage cheese, not the lowfat I thought I bought. I was wondering why it tasted so good! I looked it up and 1/2 cup of regular is around 100 calories, and the lowfat is around 80 calories. Not much of a difference, and the full-fat tastes so much better, so I'll just buy the full-fat version from now on.

Did you really lose your hair on WW? Gee, Fergie's never mentioned that on her commercials. Does that happen often? A lot of women at work have done WW over and over again, and they've never mentioned it. Of course, had they actually followed the rules for long enough, it might have happened!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 20:09

BF:

Eggnog:

1/4 cup Eggbeaters
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of nutmeg

#13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 20:17

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Bawdy-
use kefir, or yogurt in the "mousse". I think JUST cottage cheese & protein powder might kill an immersion blender!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 21:38

BF:

OH I have to try this mousse!!!

Bawdy,
The carb count down is , i have the lowfat version and the chocolate!!! Infact I am in heaven cause now I can have a decent hot chocolate!!!! The only problem is that I can only get it at the super walmart in Rapid city 2 1/2 hrs away, but I did freeze it and next time I go up I will get a cart load! The extra carbs makes me nervous also, for so long I have not gone over 20 grms, but am I enjoying the cottage cheese and milk!!!! (speaking of eggnog) The vanilla is a must for flavor!!!!

I managed to sneak in another workout tonight, (My Dh is busy watching a nfl show!) He is going to start running soon, (he is a seasonal runner) IE only puts on alittle weight in the winter, not ALL YEAR LONG like me!

My slender BF just called, she has pumped me up to keep the workouts up, she also is bumping up her workouts( Like she really needs to!) She is a good incentive and has always encouraged me, I am lucky to have a good friend like that! Also with you all trying to do the same thing and having gone through the struggles, it is nice to be able to talk to people that understand!

Wendy, I noticed how close to goal you are! Miss you!!

Elaine, Do you figure the extra calories when you work out? At what amount do you subtract???

You all have a good Evening!!

Last edited by Lissette : Wed, Dec-03-03 at 21:39.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 22:10

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

He kissed me tonight! Now, how am I ever going to get to sleep............