Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:27
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Exercise DVDs

Hey yall. I tried the firm last night. Seems like a lot of toning. Im more interested in more vigorous cardiovascular exercise. I was able to do the firm without really raising my heart rate. I need a DVD/tape with more emphasis on cardiovascular workout. I need something that keeps a steady pace but with not too intricate foot work. I am not interested in an exercise that you need to be a trained dancer to follow. I want to elevate my heart rate and keep moving. I am not yet to the toning phase yet...lol

Anyone have any suggestions please post them!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 18:42
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/138/115 Female 5'2''
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello,
Have you tried anything like step aerobics, that will get your heart rate going...
Sorry I'm not being much help, but I don't do any videos....
Good luck finding the perfect DVD
Raquel
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%
Default Denise Austin

Hi Irisda,

I have two DVDs (also available in video). Both are Denise Austin. One is extreme. It's called "Ultimate Fat Burner". I believe it's under $10 in Wal-Mart. It's step aerobics combined with weight training and a yoga-type cool down.

Haven't tried it yet... although I did watch it. It's intense. I won't be trying it until I lose a bit more and tone from the exercises I'm doing now (Jane Fonda).

Good luck. Let me know how you like it... maybe I'll get brave enough to try it, LOL.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:11

Plan: Combination
Stats: 164/159.5/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default heavier weights

irisda -
If you were able to do The Firm without any trouble, try heavier weights. I guarantee that if you use the proper amount of weight, you'll be sweating buckets by the end of the workout, and your heart rate will definitely be up.
kmarie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 09:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/195.5/165 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Have you tried Cathe Friedrich?

Probably some of the most intense DVD's and videos out there from a cardio and weight perspective -

she has a web site - her first name .com
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 06:59

Plan: general low carb no plan
Stats: 160/150/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I don't know if this video was truly extreme or I am just a wimp but in any case.... Denise Austin has a video called Blast Away 10 lbs and I tell ya....I could never finish it! That tape was so intense for me that I ended up giving it away after trying on and off for many months. It could have been me but it's worth a try. Check your local library too just in case. You may be able to try it before buying. That's what I usually do since my library is free for checking out vids/dvd's.