Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 23:55

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile Future LC Addict...

I will be a new LC Addict, When I mean "Future" is because I can´t start my diet until Monday, they are doing a Glucose test that needs me to be out of Ketosis.

After reeding some information on "IR" insuline Resistant, I started the diet 6 days ago. I was happy to see that I was finally in Ketosis after few days, but then I had to see a doctor and let me know I needed to get out of it so the test will come out ok.

Crazy that I have been overweight for so long and waiting another week seems like FOREVER..

Reading this site, makes me feel there is "HOPE", and as significant as this word could sound, and as many times it is used, right now it does have a greater meaning in my life.

Thank´s to the people responsible for this site, I don´t know who got the idea, how it became such a complete, multi-task site, but this is what I call

HumanHug
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 05:03

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Well You can start eating better, not necessaraly to get into Ketosis, but nothing like the Present to start with new eating habits!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 06:58

Plan: Low Carb - My Way!
Stats: 261/177/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi cucu!

Welcome! Monday isn't that far away! You'll be on the road in no time! I'm glad you found the forum - I don't know what I would do without it!

Start up a journal so we all can visit you and cheer you on!

Pam
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 08:23
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome! Best of luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 08:32

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Welcome to ALC!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 08:39
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%
Default Welcome

Hi, I too know the feeling of having to wait to start this new WOL. I wanted to get my blood lipids checked before I started, and I was very happy when I was able to make an appointment fairly quickly, but it was horrible not being able to start right away. Monday is not far away, and I am sure you will do great. This forum is a great resource. Good luck to you.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:35
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Sounds like you've got a great attitude for success!!

GL and great LCing
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 19:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi and welcome to the forum
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 11:17

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default No excuse to start eatin right

I came back to the forum after 2 days of feeling down, this morning I thought I will start my diet even do I will have to eat this sugar drink by Monday, like “Bondie” said to me, start eating right anyway.

Knowing myself is the most important thing for me; I could see how I JUMPED to eat anything and everything possible to be out of Ketosis, almost as a fight to gain weight. I saw how the mood, the sugar in the blood makes me so unstable, JUST IN TWO DAYS, I am not a pro in this diet as you could imagine, but by the feeling of last week, the taste of getting in ketosis made me stop the cravings and feel some how less moody. But my personality is very aggressive and when the doctor said jump out of ketosis I just ATE THE WORLD… I got myself stomach pain by the amout of sugar, yesterday I rested and today a am back to start eating well. I surprise myself how if someone tells me “you can eat sugar”, I go and literally “do my job”, as a homework. Ji ji. But like someone wrote to me, This is not an excuse to start eating right, until Monday.

Anyway, I am very VERY happy someone wrote to me back, I am a very lonesome person, I have spend so many years just by myself recovering from other problems in my life, and coming back to this site made me feel someone is in this road with me.

thak you very much.
thak you.