Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-02, 20:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/139/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Hi, Looking for support buddy!

Hi, I am new to this forum and hoping to find a support buddy.
I am getting ready to start the Atkins up AGAIN, this Sunday since it is the start of a new month. My fiance is going on it with me again also, but i would still love to have some more support also. This is going to be it. I have told myself over and over again that i will not give up again! I cant! I have gone up to 150 pounds. I know to alot of you that this doesnt seem big at all but if you were to see me, you would think i was at least 6 months pregnant. In fact, i think my belly was smaller when i was pregnant. This is the only "way of life" that works for me, if i can just stick to it! I want to so very bad this time. After my third child, i weighed only 125. And still my goal would be to get to 115. My main problem is chocolate! It seems i cant live without it. I have tried alot of the low-carb chocolates but then i end up overeating them and have too many carbs for the day. I really need lots of help to stay on this.
I am a stay-at-home mom of three kids ages 5, 4, and 15 mths. You think i'd stay slimmed down chasing them around all the time, but it doesnt work for me. My interests in life is greenhouse gardening. I love to grow flowers and plants. It is really a relaxing enjoyment for me and so beautiful too! I would really appreciate anyone who is looking for a low-carb buddy to please e-mail me. It sure does help to have that support all the time.
Greenhouse
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-02, 21:30

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Glad to have you on the forum!

All of us here on the forum are here to share our experiences - so in essense, you've just made a few thousand support buddies. Start a journal, and visit others journals. Just post a question or concern - we will be there for you.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 02:39

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 182/182/155
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi...

I update my journal pretty regularly so please stop by....

Also I will check yours... There are loads of really nice people always helping you out...

Best of luck

Tina
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 09:48
Canuck Conundrum

Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Welcome!

I know what busy mom is! I only have one but he's the work of three...lol.

First thing you need is a journal...it's fun, helps you keep track of what you eat...and we will all stop by and critique! Read other journals. They are full of wonderful insight, recipes, menus and tips.

If you want some one on one support, I would be happy to buddy you.....e mail me at t_o_sam~yahoo.com

Drop by my journal....click the icon at the bottom of the post!

Sam
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 10:51

Stats: 150/125/125
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey greenhouse,

I understand where you're coming from and what you want to do! My top weight was 150, and I've been holding ~125 now for around 5 years or so. For many, it doesn't seem like alot of weight to have lost, and really it isn't compared to the tremendous successes some have had, but for me it has made a huge difference in how I percieve myself! (DH doesn't mind either!)

Like you, I am a greenhouse grower (hobbyist), with orchids and cactus. And I need to get my butt out there and water......
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 12:32

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Hey greenhouse!!!!

We are right here..
Get that journal going..and I promise you will find a great support GROUP here. not just a buddy or two.
Feed yourself well.. don't be afraid of eating!
that will help the cravings. I promise!
( I am a chocoholic too!)
Poofie!