Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 07:25

Plan: General
Stats: 185/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:you kidding me?
Progress: 60%
Default Little Victories

My scale may be stuck, but I am starting to count on it a whole lot less for the way I feel and behave on this WOL. I am starting to keep track of my "Little Victories", such as:

Not eating the Shepherds Pie or Tuna Noodle Casserole I fixed for my family and preparing something else lo-carb and equally delicious for myself.

Giving away the "Buy one, get one free Krispy Kreme Donuts" winning bottle cap I got yesterday without a second thought.

Putting on a pair of pants I haven't worn in months and finding them comfortable enough to wear to work.

Discovering, trying, and enjoying lots of new recipes and sharing them with my family - to rave reviews by the way - they keep asking when I going to try another

Faithfully eating breakfast and bringing my lunch with me to work each day.

Dead-stopping my bedtime snack habit.

Every one of these is a good as a pound lost to me. I know it will result in that in the end, I just need to be patient.

What little victories have YOU had lately? Wanna share 'em?

Hugs

I_chi

p.s. Don't forget to write them down, remember them, tape them to your forehead! They just might get you through on those days when the scale is not being your friend .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 08:46
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Wonderful thread!

As a matter of fact, I had a victory, today. I have been exercising, weight training for some time and am quite proud of my progress. Walking into work a co-worker asks me, "Do you work out?" I said, yes and she replied, "I could tell - you look so....STRONG!"
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 13:09

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

It truly is all about the little victories!!!...I take it one day at a time....
1 hour
1 minute
til I reach my goal.
No day goes by that I dont have temptations....I just drink more water.....hehehe...
good luck on your LC journey!!!....

Janet
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 13:19

Default Well what do you know?

HaHa!! I got another bottle cap today! Gave that one away, too. Yipee!!

Last edited by ichihuahua : Thu, Jul-10-03 at 13:55. Reason: 'cause the little jumping bean guy was giving me a headache
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 13:24
empress of fashion

BF:

Hey - maybe you should play the lottery - I NEVER get winning bottle caps!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 07:43

Wink keeping track

Little Victories for today:

Not giving in to my severe chocolate craving last night, even though my husband insisted on watching an hour show about ice cream on PBS and knowing there were OREO's in the cupboard.

(actually a pretty big one) My husband saying this morning, "You know, I can tell you've lost an ounce or two (understatement, but forgiven). I can see it in your face." Then he gave me the sweetest kiss. It's hard to stay mad at him for the ice cream show when he does stuff like this

Only eating the middle out of the two Hardees bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits I got this morning and giving the biscuit part away. I have always loved their biscuits.

And finally....1 lb.!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 07:49
empress of fashion

BF:

Woo hoo!

(btw, great signature, that Floyd song )
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 18:33

Default Birthday party

I'd really love to hear from the rest of you. I know there are things you can be proud of from day to day. Anyway, here's mine:

Today was my sister's birthday party. I only ate a SLIVER of the chocolate cake and a BITE of potatoes. Filled up on Roast Beef and Cole Slaw.

Put on latest pair of jeans, which were too tight when I bought them because I just guessed at my size and was feeling optimistic that day. They've been sitting in my drawer, waiting. They fit.

Drank 5 12 oz. glasses of just plain water. Not lemonade, not tea, not caffeine free soda. Water.

Went walking for 40 min. with my hubby.

So I wasn't perfect. I did eat some cake. And, boy did it taste good! But I planned the whole thing and I stuck to my plan. I'm ready to celebrate!!

hugs

i_chi

Last edited by ichihuahua : Sat, Jul-12-03 at 18:48. Reason: to add the walking part. Yippee!