Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 12:37

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 186/171/140
BF:???/33.55%/18%
Progress: 33%
Default I need super bowl food ideas

Hi...

The super bowl is Sunday, and it's a big deal around this house with the hubby and kids. It's almost become a "major" holiday for them and they love the super bowl foods. I usually do munchie stuff, and some kind of sweets for late in the game. I am slowly sliding them all into a low carb eating lifestyle, although they don't realize it yet....
If anyone has any suggestions on how I can serve lower carb goodies I'd love to hear them....

Thanks,
Jaymie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/194/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

How about chicken wings with blue cheese and celery.
Maybe nachos for them, and nacho porkrinds for the dieters.
veggies with low carb dip. You could do some low carb dips/spreads - with crackers/chips for the non-carbers and pork rinds for the low carbers. Also deviled eggs - maybe stuffed with shrimp or crab.
Want fancy - roast beef tederloin and serve it sliced with horse-radish sauce with sliced french bread for the non-low-carbers.

Bratwurst are a good alternative to Hot dogs and taste just as good with out the bun. Go for some saurkraut on the side.

Make some cheese "crackers" and top with smoked oysters.
Stuffed mushrooms would be a good snack too!

For some soup try some broccoli cheese soup or clam chowder substituting califlower for the potatoes. Try a seafood bisque.

Try the recipe pages to find some great dessert recipes or have
cheesecake for dessert.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:07

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 186/171/140
BF:???/33.55%/18%
Progress: 33%
Default Thank You!

Those are great ideas...thanks a lot! I've been reading the recipe pages....so many things and ideas, it's almost overwhelming!!

Appreciate your help!

Jaymie